Here is how it all went down at this year’s VGMAs
The show indeed was worth the hype, Kudos to Charterhouse who made that possible. The Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMAs) is a platform where music artistes in Ghana and beyond are recognized for their works. You are about to find out how it all went down; who got what award, and who wore the best outfit.
The award took place at the Accra International Conference Centre. Hosting the show for the first time was Starr FM’s Naa Ashorkor, who along side regular hosts Chris Attoh and DJ Black, gave an outstanding delivery.
The show saw different outstanding performances from different A-listers including Sarkodie, Stonebwoy, Efya, EL, R2Bees, Wizkid, Joe Mettle and Adomaa.
Watch Sarkodie Kill It On Stage
Down to the awards,
The name E.L was mentioned so many times, making him the biggest winner at the VGMAs, as he took home a total of five awards including the prestigious ‘Artiste of the Year’.
More artistes who bagged many awards are Bisa Kdei, and Sarkodie who won four and three awards respectively. Nigerian A-lister Wizkid, took home the ‘African Artiste of the Year Award’.
Interestingly, on picking up his award, the Starboy (Wizkid) announced that his record label “Starboy Worldwide” have signed some of the biggest Ghanaian acts including soul singer Efya, duo R2Bees, and Mr Eazi. Wizkid also announced that Paedae of R2bees aka Omar Sterling, is the President of the newly expanded Starboy label.
Here’s the Full Winners’ List
- Song of the Year – “Mansa” by Bisa K’Dei
- Record of the Year – “Bra” by Sarkodie featuring Pat Thomas
- Best New Artist – Kofi Kinaata
- Collaboration of the Year – “Skolom” by VVIP featuring Sena Dagadu
- Group of the Year – VVIP
- Producer of the Year – EL for “Minna Bo Po”
- Music Video of the Year – “Shelele” by EL
- Female Vocalist of the Year – MzVee
- Make Vocalist of the Year – Pat Thomas
- Highlife Artiste of the Year – Bisa K’Dei
- Gospel Artist of the Year – Kofi Sarpong
- Reggae/Dancehall Artist of the Year – Stonebwoy
- Hip-Hop Artist of the Year – EL
- Afro-Pop Song of the Year – “Minaa Bo Po” by EL
- Highlife Song of the Year – “Yewo Krom” by Atom
- Hip-Hop Song of the Year – “Hand To Mouth” by Sarkodie
- Gospel Song of the Year – “Aposor” by Nicholas Omane Acheampong
- Lifetime Achievement Award – A.B Crentsil
- Peace Song of the Year – “New Generation” by Gospel Ministers
- African Artiste of the Year – Wizkid
And we head to the Fashion
There was no stopping the hot celebs whom as usual graced this remarkable event. Ghana’s A-listers really served it hot this time around. In fact, we will let the pictures speak for themselves.