Wedding vows ought to be inspiring and romantic to begin with and it takes more than just words to make a good wedding vow. Great wedding vows are born out of great and well inspired ideas with love. Great and well inspired wedding vows add more flavour to the wedding ceremony, no wonder most people look forward to that moment when the couple exchange their sincere and heart-felt love for each other. Here is a list of some best wedding vows that might interest you.
Best Wedding Vows For Him – Best Wedding Vows For Her
1. I promise to drop my expectations of your becoming the man I want you to be as opposed to the man you are.
2. I promise to focus a lot more on my shortcomings and a lot less on yours.
3. I promise to forgive both of us for having not known from the start how to be the kind and generous partners we’ve finally become.
4. I’ve always had goals, aspirations, things I wanted to do. But when I met you, I learned what it was to dream. You dreamed of traveling, but not just out of the state; you dreamed of visiting Spain, Italy and places I’ve only read about. I’ve learned to dream of the things I deserve.
5. I vow to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share in the silence when they are not.
6. Until today, the day that I told you I loved you, the day that I knew I was going to marry you, that was the best day of my life.
7. I promise to be your navigator, consoler, sidekick, best friend and your husband. Finally, I promise you myself.
8. Our open attitude toward finding adventure together in life is something that I cherish. I love it even more when those great experiences take the form of us making up a home-cooked meal together with a lot of great wine and music. I would marry you for your risotto alone!
9. I call you ‘My Megan’ because you are my everything. You are my light, and you’ve shown me more love than I’ve ever known.
10. I promise to hold your hand every night and to never let us lose our spark.
11. The feeling hit me the moment we made eye contact in class. It was so immediate and powerful—far deeper and inexplicably beyond any calculation of time and place. You don’t describe a feeling like that. You also can’t replicate it or force it. You just let it flow in and around you. You go where it takes you.
12. I promise faithfulness and patience, respect and lightheartedness, attentiveness and self-improvement. I will celebrate your triumphs, and love you all the more for your failures.
13. In sickness and in health: I promise to take care of you, even when you’ve over indulged the night before. For richer or for poorer: I promise not to spend all our money at Nordstrom.
14. I promise to do more than my fair share when necessary and to not grouse about it. Keeping score is about fear and stinginess, not about love.
15. I promise to release my end of the rope when we’re in a tug of war, knowing that there’s a cost to my winning when it means that you lose.
16. I promise to not ask you to change in ways that I’m unwilling to change.
17. I promise to keep in mind that your basic intention is to be a loving and decent husband, even when you’re not doing so.
18. I remember once how I told you I did not believe in soul mates. I will never forget your reaction. Shocked and a little hurt that I did not think we were. But as time went by, your love made me believe.”
19. You know me better than anyone else in this world and somehow still you manage to love me. You are my best friend and one true love. There is still a part of me today that cannot believe that I’m the one who gets to marry you.”
20. I feel truly blessed because I’ve found a love that transcends and grows, despite state lines, early morning commutes, barking beagles and conflicting seasons.
21. I promise to notice and acknowledge the positive things that you do, rather than get hung up on the negatives.
22. I promise to accept that we are different — that we will see the world differently and over the course of our marriage we will want different things. Though I don’t expect this to be easy, I will strive to be open-minded and loving about the way that you see things. Failing that, I will do my best to be tolerant.
23. I promise to not take your annoying behaviors personally, even though I really, really wish you would wash out the sponge.
24. I see these vows not as promises but as privileges: I get to laugh with you and cry with you; care for you and share with you. I get to run with you and walk with you; build with you and live with you.
25. I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not, to agree to disagree on red velvet cake, and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.
26. I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love. And to always know in the deepest part of my soul that no matter what challenges might carry us apart, we will always find our way back to each other.
27. Where there has been cold, you have brought warmth; where my life was dark, you have brought light.
28. I promise with all my heart to love you when times are good and bad. When you’re sore on Monday from sitting the same position all day during Sunday football, when men hit on you as you walk my Pomeranian, and when you need someone to lean on when work gets tough, I will always be your gal.
29. When I’m scared, you make me feel safe. When I’m sad, you make me smile. There has yet to be a day where we haven’t laughed together. I never want there to be one.
30. I take you to be my husband, the father of my children, and best friend until death do us part. Just stay away for one week per month!