The bible is a major source of strength, inspiration and encouragement for many, not just the bible, but the word of God that is embedded in it, it can give strength to the weak and restore healing to the sick. The issue most times is that many people don’t know the efficacy of the bible, they just see it as a mere book that they consult once after a long time, but the truth still remains that the word of God carries the solution to all of life’s problems. Here is a list of some bible verses about strength.
Inspirational Bible Verses About Strength
1. Psalm 16:8 I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
2. Psalm 55:22 Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.
3. 1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
4. Isaiah 41:10 – Fear thou not; for I [am] with thee: be not dismayed; for I [am] thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
5. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 – And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
6. Matthew 11:28 – Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
7. Psalms 39:7 – And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope [is] in thee.
8. Nehemiah 8:10 – Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for [this] day [is] holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.
9. Mark 12:30 – And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this [is] the first commandment.
10. Daniel 10:19 – And said, O man greatly beloved, fear not: peace [be] unto thee, be strong, yea, be strong. And when he had spoken unto me, I was strengthened, and said, Let my lord speak; for thou hast strengthened me.
11. Isaiah 40:21-30 – Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth?
12. Isaiah 40:1-31 – Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.
13. Exodus 13:14 – And it shall be when thy son asketh thee in time to come, saying, What [is] this? that thou shalt say unto him, By strength of hand the LORD brought us out from Egypt, from the house of bondage:
14. Hebrews 13:4 – Marriage [is] honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.
15. Ephesians 6:10 – Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
16. Romans 5:6 – For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
17. Acts 13:1-3 – Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.
18. John 5:8 – Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.
19. John 18:1-40 – When Jesus had spoken these words, he went forth with his disciples over the brook Cedron, where was a garden, into the which he entered, and his disciples.
20. John 5:11 – He answered them, He that made me whole, the same said unto me, Take up thy bed, and walk.
21. Luke 10:27 – And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
22. Luke 1:51 – He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
24. Matthew 5:13 – Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
25. Proverbs 8:14 – Counsel [is] mine, and sound wisdom: I [am] understanding; I have strength.
26. Psalms 81:1 – (To the chief Musician upon Gittith, [A Psalm] of Asaph.) Sing aloud unto God our strength: make a joyful noise unto the God of Jacob.
27. Psalms 27:1 – ([A Psalm] of David.) The LORD [is] my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD [is] the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
28. Psalms 19:14 – Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
29. Psalms 18:2 – The LORD [is] my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, [and] my high tower.
30. Job 21:23 – One dieth in his full strength, being wholly at ease and quiet.
31. Jeremiah 17:5 – Thus saith the LORD; Cursed [be] the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.
32. Jeremiah 12:5 – If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? and [if] in the land of peace, [wherein] thou trustedst, [they wearied thee], then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?
33. Isaiah 43:1-28 – But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called [thee] by thy name; thou [art] mine.
34. Proverbs 21:22 – A wise [man] scaleth the city of the mighty, and casteth down the strength of the confidence thereof.
35. Psalms 46:1 – (To the chief Musician for the sons of Korah, A Song upon Alamoth.) God [is] our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Famous Bible Verses About Strength
36. Lamentations 1:14 – The yoke of my transgressions is bound by his hand: they are wreathed, [and] come up upon my neck: he hath made my strength to fall, the Lord hath delivered me into [their] hands, [from whom] I am not able to rise up.
37. Lamentations 1:11 – All her people sigh, they seek bread; they have given their pleasant things for meat to relieve the soul: see, O LORD, and consider; for I am become vile.
38. Isaiah 10:13 – For he saith, By the strength of my hand I have done [it], and by my wisdom; for I am prudent: and I have removed the bounds of the people, and have robbed their treasures, and I have put down the inhabitants like a valiant [man]:
39. Isaiah 1:1-31 – The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, [and] Hezekiah, kings of Judah.
40. Lamentations 1:14 – The yoke of my transgressions is bound by his hand: they are wreathed, [and] come up upon my neck: he hath made my strength to fall, the Lord hath delivered me into [their] hands, [from whom] I am not able to rise up.
41. Lamentations 1:11 – All her people sigh, they seek bread; they have given their pleasant things for meat to relieve the soul: see, O LORD, and consider; for I am become vile.
42. Isaiah 10:13 – For he saith, By the strength of my hand I have done [it], and by my wisdom; for I am prudent: and I have removed the bounds of the people, and have robbed their treasures, and I have put down the inhabitants like a valiant [man]:
43. Isaiah 1:1-31 – The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, [and] Hezekiah, kings of Judah.
44. Job 12:16 – With him [is] strength and wisdom: the deceived and the deceiver [are] his.
45. Ephesians 1:19 – And what [is] the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
46. 1 Corinthians 1:8 – Who shall also confirm you unto the end, [that ye may be] blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
47. Acts 3:7 – And he took him by the right hand, and lifted [him] up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.
48. John 5:9 – And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and on the same day was the sabbath.
49. Zechariah 1:18 – Then lifted I up mine eyes, and saw, and behold four horns.
50. Luke 10:19 – Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
51. Matthew 26:52-54 – Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
52. Habakkuk 3:16-19 – When I heard, my belly trembled; my lips quivered at the voice: rottenness entered into my bones, and I trembled in myself, that I might rest in the day of trouble: when he cometh up unto the people, he will invade them with his troops.
53. Nahum 1:12 – Thus saith the LORD; Though [they be] quiet, and likewise many, yet thus shall they be cut down, when he shall pass through. Though I have afflicted thee, I will afflict thee no more.
54. Lamentations 1:6 – And from the daughter of Zion all her beauty is departed: her princes are become like harts [that] find no pasture, and they are gone without strength before the pursuer.
55. 1 Peter 4:11 – If any man speak, [let him speak] as the oracles of God; if any man minister, [let him do it] as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
56. Jeremiah 1:18 – For, behold, I have made thee this day a defenced city, and an iron pillar, and brasen walls against the whole land, against the kings of Judah, against the princes thereof, against the priests thereof, and against the people of the land.
57. Proverbs 4:18 – But the path of the just [is] as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.
58. Joshua 1:9 – Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God [is] with thee whithersoever thou goest.
59. James 1:27 – Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, [and] to keep himself unspotted from the world.
Bible Verses About Strength and Hope
60. 1 Timothy 1:12 – And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;
61. 2 Corinthians 12:9 – And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
62. Acts 9:19 – And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.
63. Acts 6:8 – And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people.
64. Psalms 23:1-4 – (A Psalm of David.) The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want.
65. Nehemiah 1:10 – Now these [are] thy servants and thy people, whom thou hast redeemed by thy great power, and by thy strong hand.
66. 2 Kings 18:20 – Thou sayest, (but [they are but] vain words,) [I have] counsel and strength for the war. Now on whom dost thou trust, that thou rebellest against me?
67. 1 Samuel 2:9 – He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.
68. 1 Samuel 2:4 – The bows of the mighty men [are] broken, and they that stumbled are girded with strength.
69. 1 Corinthians 16:13 – Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.
70. Romans 8:28 – And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.
71. James 5:16 – Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
72. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 – What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
73. 1 Timothy 5:8 – But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
74. Daniel 10:19 “Do not be afraid, you who are highly esteemed,” he said. “Peace! Be strong now; be strong.” When he spoke to me, I was strengthened and said, “Speak, my lord, since you have given me strength.” (NIV)
75. Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.