Looking for a warm and romantic word you can use to express how you feel about your loved one, then look no further for you are at the right place. The words we use says a lot about our disposition or how we feel. When someone claims they care about you, one of the ways to confirm that is by the words they say. Even when you mean well for someone, you should try as much as possible to use the right words to communicate that. When someone speaks from the heart you will know, and when someone speaks just for speaking sake, you will also know, communication is one basic ingredient for a successful relationship, and to keep a relationship romantic, the use of romantic words is inevitable. Here is a list of most romantic quotes ever.
Romantic Quotes For Her
1. “I am always with you. I do not know where I end and you begin.”
2. “You had me at hello.” – Jerry Maguire
3. “To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.” – John Lennon
4. “My heart is and always will be yours.” – Jane Austen
5. “So I lied to you last night. I said I just wanted one night with you. But I want every night with you. And that’s why I have to slip out of your window now, like a coward. Because if I had to tell you this to your face, I couldn’t make myself go.”
― Cassandra Clare (City of Glass)
6. “Take love, multiply it by infinity and take it to the depths of forever… And you still have only a glimpse of how I feel for you.” – From Meet Joe Black (The Movie)
7. “Love is the irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.” – Mark Twain
8. “Love is the only rational act.” – Morrie Schwarz
9. “You changed my life. You changed my ways. I don’t even recognize myself these days. It must be a reflection of you, only you.” – Keith Urban
10. “I’m scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I’m with you.” – Dirty Dancing (Movie)
11. “When they ask me what I liked best, I’ll say YOU.” – City of Angels (Movie)
12. “Life makes sense only when I see you at the end of the day.” – Anonymous
13. “I have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.” – Jane Austen (Pride and Prejudice)
14. If I know what love is, it is because of you. – Hermann Hesse
15. “Sometimes your nearness takes my breath away; and all the things I want to say can find no voice. Then, in silence, I can only hope my eyes will speak my heart.” – Robert Sexton
16. “My heart is ever at your service.” – William Shakespeare
17. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched- they must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
18. “There is no pretending. I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I’ll love you then.” ― Cassandra Clare (City of Glass)
19. “I love you, not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.” – Roy Croft
20. “Look, I guarantee that we’ll have tough times. And I guarantee that at some point, one or both of us would want to get out of this thing. But I also guarantee that if I don’t ask you to be mine, I ‘ll regret it for the rest of my life. Because I know in my heart, you are the only one for me.” – Runaway Bride (The movie)
21. “I love you — I am at rest with you — I have come home.” – Dorothy L. Sayers
22. “Love is too weak a word for what I feel – I luuurve you, you know, I loave you, I luff you, two F’s, yes I have to invent, of course I do, don’t you think I do?” – Alvy (From the movie – ‘Annie Hall’)
23. “If I never met you, I wouldn’t like you. If I didn’t like you, I wouldn’t love you. If I didn’t love you, I wouldn’t miss you. But I did, I do, and I will.” – Anonymous
24. “My six word love story: I can’t imagine life without you.” – Anonymous
25. “For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it. For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it. For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it.” – Ivan Panin
26. “Love is like the wind, you can’t see it but you can feel it all over.” – Meredith
27. “If you have it [Love], you don’t need to have anything else, and if you don’t have it, it doesn’t matter much what else you have.” – Sir James M. Barrie
28. “Love is an act of endless forgiveness. A tender look which becomes a habit.” – Peter Ustinov
29. “To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven.” – Karen Sunde
30. “Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” – Rumi
31. “True love stories never have endings.” – Richard Bach
32. “Reason is powerless in the expression of love.” ― Rumi
33. “There is no remedy for love but to love more.” – Henry David Thoreau
Romantic Love Quotes
34. The concept of romantic love affords a means of emotional manipulation which the male is free to exploit, since love is the only circumstance in which the female is (ideologically) pardoned for sexual activity.
35. I think romantic love evolved to enable you to focus your mating energy on just one individual at a time, thereby conserving mating time and energy.
36. Anthropologists have found evidence of romantic love in 170 societies. They’ve never found a society that did not have it.
37. Psychologists maintain that the dizzying feeling of intense romantic love lasts only about 18 months to – at best – three years.
38. Love is the emblem of eternity; it confounds all notion of time; effaces all memory of a beginning, all fear of an end.
—Germaine De Stael
39. A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous
40. You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly
41. You know you’re in love when you don’t want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
42. The madness of love is the greatest of heaven’s blessings.
43. Love is a canvas furnished by Nature and embroidered by imagination.
44. Immature love says: ‘I love you because I need you.’ Mature love says: ‘I need you because I love you.’
45. If I know what love is, it is because of you.
46. Romantic love is mental illness. But it’s a pleasurable one. It’s a drug. It distorts reality, and that’s the point of it. It would be impossible to fall in love with someone that you really saw.
47. We owe to the Middle Ages the two worst inventions of humanity – romantic love and gunpowder.
48. Romantic love is an illusion. Most of us discover this truth at the end of a love affair or else when the sweet emotions of love lead us into marriage and then turn down their flames.
49. The more we are filled with thoughts of lust the less we find true romantic love.
50. Romantic love is painful.
51. Is Valentine’s Day a day to make cupcakes with your children? No, Valentine’s is supposed to be a day about romantic love.
52. The essence of romantic love is that wonderful beginning, after which sadness and impossibility may become the rule.
53. In real love you want the other person’s good. In romantic love, you want the other person.
Margaret Chase Smith
54. Romantic love can be terrifying. We experience another human being as enormously important to us. So there is surrender – not a surrender to the other person so much as to our feeling for the other person. What is the obstacle? The possibility of loss.
55. The romantic love we feel toward the opposite sex is probably one extra help from God to bring you together, but that’s it. All the rest of it, the true love, is the test.
56. Romantic love is an addiction.
57. Romantic lovers require from each other at least the facade of reason: We desire to be what romantic love makes us appear in the other’s eyes. We want to imagine we are deserving of the love we inspire.
58. Any kind of novelty or excitement drives up dopamine in the brain, and dopamine is associated with romantic love.
59. Well, there’s just some universal truths in a way that I’ve just observed to be true. You read Voltaire. You read modern literature. Anywhere you go, there’s these observations about romantic love and what it does people, and these rotten feelings that rarely are people meaning to do that to each other.
60. The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart
61. I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.
62. Love is a friendship set to music.
63. Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
64. Romantic love allows you to focus mating energy. Attachment sustains that relationship as long as necessary to raise your baby.
65. In real love you want the other person’s good. In romantic love you want the other person.
66. The reason you take antidepressants is to feel calm. And romantic love is not calm – it’s elation, it’s mood swings, and you’re killing all that when you take the drug.
67. Science is like a love affair with nature; an elusive, tantalising mistress. It has all the turbulence, twists and turns of romantic love, but that’s part of the game.
Vilayanur S. Ramachandran
68. To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.
69. To find someone who will love you for no reason, and to shower that person with reasons, that is the ultimate happiness.
70. I love you, not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.
—Elizabeth Barrett Browning
71. The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space.
72. When you’re in the throes of this romantic love, it’s overwhelming – you’re out of control, you’re irrational, you’re going to the gym at 6 A.M. every day – Why? Because she’s there.
73. My books are love stories at core, really. But I am interested in manifestations of love beyond the traditional romantic notion. In fact, I seem not particularly inclined to write romantic love as a narrative motive or as an easy source of happiness for my characters.
74. The most successful marriages, gay or straight, even if they begin in romantic love, often become friendships. It’s the ones that become the friendships that last.
75. Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky.
—Rainer Maria Rilke
Romantic Movie Quotes
76. “I want to tell you with my last breath that I have always loved you.” – Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, 2003
77. “We’ll always have Paris.” – Casablanca, 1942
78. “When they ask me what I liked best, I’ll say it was you.” – City of Angels, 1998
79. “I promise I’ll come back for you. I promise I’ll never leave you.” – The English Patient, 1996
80. “Love means never having to say you’re sorry.” – Love Story, 1970
81. “If you love someone, you say it, say it right then and there, out loud, otherwise the moment just passes you by.” – Michael O’Neal (Dermot Mulroney), My best friend’s wedding
82. “Love does not end when we don’t see each other.” – Sara Miles (Julianne Moore), The End of the Affair
83. “I love you. You… complete me.” – Jerry Maguire (Tom Cruise), Jerry Maguire
84. “I guarantee that we’ll have tough times. And I guarantee that at some point, one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don’t ask you to be mine, I’ll regret it for the rest of my life. Because I know in my heart you are the only one for me.” – Maggie Carpenter (Julia Roberts), Runaway Bride
85. “I’m in love with you. Don’t you know that? I’ve been in love with you all along.” – Sunset Boulevard
86. “Make of our hands one hand. Make of our hearts one heart. Make of our vows one last vow. Only death will part us now.” – West Side Story
87. “Love means never having to say you’re sorry.” – Love Story
88. “Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.”- The Princess Bride
89. “Vivian: I’m gonna treat you so nice, you’re never gonna let me go.” – Pretty Woman
90. “Will you love me for the rest of my life? No, I’ll love you for the rest of mine.” – Phenomenon
91. “It’s a wonderful thing, as time goes by, to be with someone who looks into your face, when you’ve gotten old, and still sees what you think you look like.” – The Bachelor
92. “I give my smile to everyone, but I give my heart to only one.” – Fifth Element
93. “I love you without knowing how, why, or even from where…”- Patch Adams
94. “You are what I never knew I always wanted.” – Fools Rush In
95. “I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” – When Harry Met Sally
96. “You see I never stopped loving you, even though I couldn’t see you.” – The End of the Affair
97. “Love doesn’t end, just because we don’t see each other.” – The End of the Affair
98. “After all… I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.” – Notting Hill
99. “Love is passion, obsession, someone you can’t live without.” – Meet Joe Black
100. “I love you now. I love you always.” – Meet Joe Black
101. “Every step I took since the moment I could walk was a step toward finding you.” – Message in a Bottle
102. “It’s as if I’ve taken love heroin, and now I can’t ever have it again.” – Notting Hill
103. “Take love, multiply it by infinity and take it to the depths of forever… And you still have only a glimpse of how I feel for you.” – Meet Joe Black
104. “With the whole world crumbling, we pick this time to fall in love.”- Casablanca
105. “Kiss me. Kiss me as if it were the last time.” – Casablanca
106. “No, I don’t think I will kiss you, although you need kissing, badly. That’s what’s wrong with you. You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.” – Gone with the Wind
107. “Whatever happens, I’ll love you just as I do now until I die.” – Gone with the Wind
108. “It was the nearest thing there was to heaven…because you were there.” – An Affair to Remember
Hopeless Romantic Quotes
109. “Loving you is worth everything to me…” – The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
110. “Because the truth is, Sophie, I am madly, truly, deeply, passionately in love with you.” – Letters to Juliet
111. “I don’t have the strength to stay away from you anymore.” – Twilight
112. “I hate you for making me want you so much.” – Twilight
113. “One man I can never meet. Him, I would like to give my whole heart to.” – The Lakehouse
114. “A melody is like seeing someone for the first time. The physical attraction. Sex. But then, as you get to know the person, that’s the lyrics. Their story. Who they are underneath. It’s the combination of the two that makes it magical.” – Music and Lyrics
115. “I never wanted to have anything in my life that I couldn’t stand losing. But it’s too late for that. It’s not because you’re beautiful and smart. I don’t feel alone anymore. Will you marry me?” – The Time Traveler’s Wife
116. “May you never steal, lie, or cheat, but if you must steal, then steal away my sorrows, and if you must lie, lie with me all the nights of my life, and if you must cheat, then please cheat death because I couldn’t live a day without you. Cheers!” – Leap Year
117. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched, but are felt in the heart.” – The English Patient, 1996
118. “I am just a girl standing in front of a boy asking him to love her.” – Notting Hill, 1999
119. “Make of our hands one hand. Make of our hearts one heart. Make of our vows one last vow. Only death will part us now.” – West Side Story, 1961
120. “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn!” – Gone With the Wind, 1939
121. “I’d never given much thought to how I would die. But dying in place of someone I love, seems like a good way to go. I can’t bring myself to regret the decisions that brought me face to face with death. They also brought me to Edward.” – Twilight
122. “About three things I was absolutely positive: First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was a part of him – and I didn’t know how dominant that part might be-that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.” – Twilight
123. “I love you. You’re my only reason to stay alive… if that’s what I am.” – The Twilight Saga: New Moon
124. “Bella, you give me everything just by breathing.” – The Twilight Saga: New Moon
125. “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” – When Harry Met Sally, 1989
126. “It’s only in the mysterious equations of love that any logical reasons can be found. I am only here tonight because of you. You are all I am. You are all my reasons.” – A Beautiful Mind, 2001
127. “…I think I’d miss you even if we’d never met.” – Wedding Date, 2005
128. “A real mystery. I saw remarkable things but the only mystery I never solved was… why my heart couldn’t let go of you.” ♥ The Illusionist
129. “I know what I want, because I have it in my hands right now. You.” – P.S. I Love You
130. “These violent delights have violent ends, and in their triumph die. Like fire and powder, which as they kiss, consume.” ♥ The Twilight Saga: New Moon
131. “Look, I guarantee there’ll be tough times. I guarantee that at some point, one or both of us is gonna want to get out of this thing. But I also guarantee that if I don’t ask you to be mine, I’ll regret it for the rest of my life, because I know, in my heart, you’re the only one for me.” – Runaway Bride, 1999
132. “If you love someone… you say it! You say it right then, out loud. Otherwise the moment just… passes you by.” – My Best Friend’s Wedding, 1997
133. “You make me wanna be a better man.” – Melvin Udall (Jack Nicholson), As Good as it Gets
134. “Yes… it wasn’t over, it still isn’t over.” – Noah Calhoun (Ryan Gosling), The Notebook
135. The rest of the quotes that made it to this list are:
136. “You make me want to be a better man” – As Good As It Gets, 1997
137. “I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone. I choose a mortal life.” – Lord of the Rings, 2001
138. “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.” – Moulin Rouge, 2001