Life is not a bed of roses. How you make your bed is exactly how you’ll lie on it. In life also, friends come and go. Many leave us heartbroken and many also leave us better than the way they met us but they will always leave at one point or the other. You will always have a girlfriend at one point in your life or a boyfriend that brings so much joy into your life but there is no guarantee that they will always be there for you all the time you will need them. In the journey of life, people will always walk in and out of our lives due to one reason or the other, but sisters are for life. Your sister will always remain your sister no matter what. Sisters are best friends for life, come what may. In this article. we’ll be looking at some of the best sister quotes you can find. Take a look.
Quotes About Sisters – Sisters Quotes
1. One of the best things about being an adult is the realization that you can share with your sister and still have plenty for yourself. ~Betsy Cohen
2. We know one another’s faults, virtues, catastrophes, mortifications, triumphs, rivalries, desires, and how long we can each hang by our hands to a bar. We have been banded together under pack codes and tribal laws. ~Rose Macaulay
3. Sisters may share the same mother and father but appear to come from different families. ~Author Unknown
4. Sister to sister we will always be, a couple of nuts off the family tree. ~Author Unknown
5. We acquire friends and we make enemies, but our sisters come with the territory. ~Evelyn Loeb
6. Sisters are blossoms in the garden of life. ~Author Unknown
7. Our siblings push buttons that cast us in roles we felt sure we had let go of long ago — the baby, the peacekeeper, the caretaker, the avoider… It doesn’t seem to matter how much time has elapsed or how far we’ve traveled. ~Jane Mersky Leder
8. Our siblings. They resemble us just enough to make all their differences confusing, and no matter what we choose to make of this, we are cast in relation to them our whole lives long. ~Susan Scarf Merrell
9. Sibling relationships — and 80 percent of Americans have at least one — outlast marriages, survive the death of parents, resurface after quarrels that would sink any friendship. They flourish in a thousand incarnations of closeness and distance, warmth, loyalty, and distrust. ~Erica E. Goode
10. You need a strong family because at the end, they will love you and support you unconditionally. Luckily, I have my dad, mom, and sister. ~Esha Gupta
11. Siblings are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring — quite often the hard way. ~Pamela Dugdale
12. Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other. ~Carol Saline
13. Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow, and wise is the counsel of those who love us. ~Benjamin Disraeli
14. When mom and dad don’t understand, a sister always will. ~Author Unknown
15. Elder sisters never can do younger ones justice! ~Charlotte M. Yonge
16. A toast once heard: “To my big sister, who never found her second Easter egg until I’d found my first.” ~Robert Brault
17. A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life. ~Isadora James
18. Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other. ~Carol Saline
19. Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow, and wise is the counsel of those who love us. ~Benjamin Disraeli
20. A sister is both your mirror – and your opposite. ~Elizabeth Fishel
21. Elder sisters never can do younger ones justice! ~Charlotte M. Yonge
22. A toast once heard: “To my big sister, who never found her second Easter egg until I’d found my first.” ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com
23. A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life. ~Isadora James
24. My sister taught me everything I really need to know, and she was only in sixth grade at the time. ~Linda Sunshine
25. I, who have no sisters or brothers, look with some degree of innocent envy on those who may be said to be born to friends. ~James Boswell
26. How do people make it through life without a sister? ~Sara Corpening
27. If your sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she’s wearing your best sweater. ~Pam Brown
28. Sisters are different flowers from the same garden. ~Author Unknown
29. Is solace anywhere more comforting than in the arms of a sister. ~Alice Walker
30. Big sisters are the crab grass in the lawn of life. ~Charles M. Schulz
31. If you don’t understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child. ~Linda Sunshine
32. You can kid the world. But not your sister. ~Charlotte Gray
33. I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness. ~Emily Dickinson
34. Help one another, is part of the religion of sisterhood. ~Louisa May Alcott
35. Sisters never quite forgive each other for what happened when they were five. ~Pam Brown
36. In thee my soul shall own combined the sister and the friend. ~Catherine Killigrew
37. Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet. ~Vietnamese Proverb
38. We may look old and wise to the outside world. But to each other, we are still in junior school. ~Charlotte Gray
39. Whatever you do they will love you; even if they don’t love you they are connected to you till you die. You can be boring and tedious with sisters, whereas you have to put on a good face with friends. ~Deborah Moggach
40. You keep your past by having sisters. As you get older, they’re the only ones who don’t get bored if you talk about your memories. ~Deborah Moggach
41. It’s hard to be responsible, adult and sensible all the time. How good it is to have a sister whose heart is as young as your own. ~Pam Brown
42. Of two sisters one is always the watcher, one the dancer. ~Louise Glück
43. Sisterly love is, of all sentiments, the most abstract. Nature does not grant it any functions. ~Ugo Betti
44. To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other’s hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time. ~Clara Ortega
45. The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend. ~Cali Rae Turner
46. An older sister helps one remain half child, half woman. ~Author Unknown
47. An older sister is a friend and defender — a listener, conspirator, a counsellor and a sharer of delights. And sorrows too. ~Pam Brown
48. There is no better friend than a sister. And there is no better sister than you. ~Author Unknown
49. There can be no situation in life in which the conversation of my dear sister will not administer some comfort to me. ~Mary Montagu
50. I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones. ~Author unknown, attributed to a 4-year-old named Lauren
51. In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips. ~Author Unknown
52. When sisters stand shoulder to shoulder, who stands a chance against us? ~Pam Brown
53. The mildest, drowsiest sister has been known to turn tiger if her sibling is in trouble. ~Clara Ortega
54. A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves — a special kind of double. ~Toni Morrison
55. Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply… ~Jane Austen, Mansfield Park, 1814
56. What’s the good of news if you haven’t a sister to share it? ~Jenny DeVries
57. Sisters is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship. ~Margaret Mead
58. Bless you, my darling, and remember you are always in the heart — oh tucked so close there is no chance of escape — of your sister. ~Katherine Mansfield
59. A sister smiles when one tells one’s stories — for she knows where the decoration has been added. ~Chris Montaigne
60. More than Santa Claus, your sister knows when you’ve been bad and good. ~Linda Sunshine
Happy Birthday Sister Quotes
61. I am so blessed and thankful to have a sister like you in my life. I celebrate your Birthday! You deserve the best.
62. Wonderful sister, I love you so much and on your special day, I double it up!
63. Family made us sisters, life made us friends. Here’s a great big birthday hug full of love and happy wishes as you celebrate your special day!
64. Looks like you are ready to party! Let’s have a blast tonight! Happy Birthday to my dearest sister!
65. There is only one place where I can keep my every strength, my every weakness, my every secret safe. It’s in my sister’s heart. Happy Birthday to my wonderful Sis!
66. Oh, that everyone could have a sister like you! Wish you a very happy and sweet birthday!
67. Happy Birthday to my fantastic, wonderful, great, super, beautiful sister!
68. Let’s celebrate this special day by promising each other that we’ll always lookout for one another, no matter what. Happy Birthday to you, my dearest sister!
69. It is wonderful having a sister like you. If I have another chance I will choose to you be my sister over and again because no one else can love and care like you do. Happy birthday to you my dearest sister.
70. You are such a great sister who is unstoppable and I am very proud to have you before me. Happy birthday!
71. What a great opportunity to see another year! Surely, I see all things turning around for your good. Happy Birthday!
72. I dream of good health and happiness and I want those dreams to come true for you too. Happy Birthday Sister!
73. Your physical beauty may fade in the years to come but your inner goodness and beauty will always shine through sister. I am so glad to be your twin. Happy Birthday!
74. You have given the word sister an entirely different meaning because of all the patience and the sacrifices you’ve done for me. A brother can only be so lucky that’s why I thank the Lord for giving you to me. Happy Birthday!
75. I don’t know what I have done to deserve a sister like you. Thanks for the encouragement when I am down and the words of wisdom when I am up. Happy Birthday!
76. Childhood can never be happier with a vibrant and adventurous sister like you. It’s a wonder you can sit still on the head table during your special day. Happy Birthday!
77. We did not choose to be sisters but still we clicked and chose to be good friends as well. What a privilege to be sisters and friends as well. Happy Birthday!
78. You’ve been with me through the years and while not every minute was all smiles, you can bet that every minute we spent fighting, bonding and making mom crazy are all worth remembering. Happy Birthday Sister!
79. I have many friends to hang around with but I know not all of them will be with me forever. But you sister, I know , will be forever here with me in heart and soul. Happy Birthday!
80. The heavens above has bestowed on me a very special gift that I will have for life—you! Happy Birthday Sister!
81. I’m not sure what I did right in my past life to deserve a sister like you. Thanks for being there even when I’m grouchy and no fun to be with. Happy Birthday Sister!
82. Not all angels are in heaven because I have you here with me everyday. Thanks for being an angel who bears with me and my moods. Happy Birthday Sister!
83. I saw a falling star and I wished for you to be happy and to have fulfillment in love, career and life. Happy Birthday!
84. I can wish all the riches in the world for you but I know that what would really make you happy are things that money cannot buy. So I wish you all the intangibles that can make your spirit rich. Happy Birthday!
85. A sister like you can be compared to a rainbow because you bring so much color to my life. I wish you a happy birthday and a brighter year ahead sister!
86. I never believed that one person is capable of expressing all these emotions – jealousy, happiness, anger, joy — all at one time. Only you, sister, can have such a colorful life. Happy Birthday!
87. You are the best sister for me. I actually don’t have any choice because you are the only sister I have. Happy Birthday Sister!
88. I thank the Lord for giving me a lovable and huggable sister like you. Your birthday is always a blessing to us, your family. You’ll never know how precious you are to us.
89. Pillow fights are out forte but when it comes to defending each other from the rest of the world then we are the best pair. Happy Birthday to the best sister in the world!
90. We hold the record for having the most fights in a day so I’m wondering why we still end up supporting and loving each other. Is that because we’re sisters? Happy Birthday!
91. I am always so proud and fond of you dear sister no matter how many times you pull my hair or tell me you are far prettier than me. At least I know I am wittier. Happy Birthday!
92. We grew up much like twins and I admit I am having a hard time now that we are living our own lives. Seeing you during your birthday is one of the best gifts for me and for you. Happy Birthday!
93. I can only count the blessings that I wish the Lord would grant you today. Now you can start counting your candles and the gifts that your loved ones have brought for you. Happy Birthday!
94. God must have thought I have done some good things in my past life because I was given a baby sister like you. Happy Birthday Sister!
95. If there is one person I know who will stay with me through thick and thin then it would be you. I am lucky to have a sister like you who can stand my eccentricities. Happy Birthday!
96. Maybe it’s because we are so alike that we can stand each other’s mood swings. Thanks for being around even when I am in a foul mood. Happy Birthday Sister!
97. You keep my feet on the ground no matter how many achievements I make or how popular I become. Thanks for being always there to tell me that I need not change to belong. Happy Birthday, Sis!
98. I always look back on my childhood whenever I feel down because the moments I spent with you while growing up were so much fun and unforgettable. Happy Birthday, Sister!
99. Thanks for standing by me even when I know I don’t deserve it. We may not be sisters by blood but I know we will always be there for each other no matter what the future brings. Happy Birthday, Soul Sister!
100. I may not always be kind or nice to you but you always were pleasant to me. That’s what a true sister should be. Happy Birthday!
Sister Inlaw Quotes
101. Gosh I love hanging out with my sister-in-law. I love that girl to death!
102. Y’all change your relationship status more than anybody else in the world. How do u expect her to be my sister-in-law if y’all are broken up?
103. Well, tonight turned into a heart to heart with my new sister-in-law after my dad and brother laughed at everything I had to say.
104. Bonding with my sister-in-law tonight, haha my big sis would be jealous.
105. Just realized that I called my sister-in-law, my sister AND law.
106. Why is everyone congratulating me on my sister-in-law being pregnant? I had nothing to do with it!
107. Sorry, I can’t hangout. My uncle’s cousin’s sister-in-law’s best friend’s insurance agent’s roommate’s pet goldfish died. Maybe next time…
108. I love my sister-in-law. Like this night has just changed how much I really trust & rely on her.
109. You know why the internet is awesome? I don’t have to explain what a frenulum is to my sister-in-law on my own.
110. This show has shown me how to throw a punch. But watching my future sister-in-law go through breast cancer has also shown me how to take one.
111. I started walking at night with my sister-in-law which has been amazing. It really does something for you. It just kind of clears the mind, it just makes you feel better, things start to tighten a little bit.
112. My sister-in-law is a painter, and I’ll say, how long did it take you to paint that painting. She’ll say, It took me maybe three days, but it took me all my life to get the skills to paint that painting.
Funny Sister Quotes
113. My sister is my little star, and I’m excited for her and proud of her. With her, I’m protective, but also I don’t want to be that sister who’s really pushy and thinks they know everything and making her feel like she doesn’t know what she’s doing. I’m trying to be that cool older sister and not the mom, but it’s hard. ~ Gigi Hadid
114. She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she’s the reason you wish you were an only child. ~ Barbara Alpert
115. I smile because you are my sister, I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it! ~ Anonymous
116. Of two sisters one is always the watcher, one the dancer. ~ Louise Glück
117. Sisters never quite forgive each other for what happened when they were five. ~ Pam Brown
118. My sister has the best sister in the world. ~ Anonymous
119. I am the big sister which makes me the boss! ~ Anonymous
120. Sisters annoy, interfere, criticize. Indulge in monumental sulks, in huffs, in snide remarks. Borrow. Break. Monopolize the bathroom. Are always underfoot. But if catastrophe should strike, sisters are there. Defending you against all comers. ~ Pam Brown
121. More than Santa Claus, your sister knows when you’ve been bad and good. ~ Linda Sunshine
122. If your sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she’s wearing your best sweater. ~ Pam Brown
123. You can kid the world, but not your sister. ~ Charlotte Gray
124. Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there. ~ Amy Li
125. Whatever it is ….my sister did it! ~ Anonymous
126. The mildest, drowsiest sister has been known to turn tiger if her sibling is in trouble. ~ Clara Ortega
127. The typewriting machine, when played with expression, is no more annoying than the piano when played by a sister or near relation. ~ Oscar Wilde
128. Never let an angry sister comb your hair. ~ Patricia McCann
129. Bless you, my darling, and remember you are always in the heart – oh tucked so close there is no chance of escape – of your sister. ~ Katherine Mansfield
130. My sister asked where Nicaragua was. I said, “Central America.” She said, “Oh so near Kansas?” I see a pole and body glitter in her future. ~ Anonymous
131. A sister will always notice her sister’s first gray hairs with glee. ~ Allison M. Lee
132. Older siblings… The only people who will pick on you for their own entertainment and beat up anyone else who tries. ~ Anonymous
133. If sisters were free to express how they really feel, parents would hear this: “Give me all the attention and all the toys and send Rebecca to live with Grandma.” ~ Linda Sunshine
134. Sorry, sweetie… I’m always going to be smarter and prettier than you! ~ Anonymous
135. Sister to sister we will always be, a couple of nuts off the family tree. ~ Anonymous
136. A sister is both your mirror – and your opposite. ~ Elizabeth Fishel
137. I can’t remember if I’m the good Sister or the evil one. ~ Anonymous
138. My sister made me do it! ~ Anonymous
139. It was nice growing up with someone like you – someone to lean on, someone to count on… someone to tell on! ~ Anonymous
140. We know one another’s faults, virtues, catastrophes, mortifications, triumphs, rivalries, desires, and how long we can each hang by our hands to a bar. We have been banded together under pack codes and tribal laws. ~ Rose Macaulay
141. A perfect sister I am not, but thankful for the one I’ve got.
142. There iz no better friend than a sister. And there is no better sister than you.
144. Bro’s and sis’s are as close as hands and feet.
145. Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.
146. I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness.
147. A sister iz a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.
148. Sisters share the scent and smell – the feel of a common childhood.
149. Never let an angry sister comb your hair.
150. Big sisters are the crab grass in the lawn of life.