The Bible contains Gods words, written out of inspiration by the holy spirit and transferred from one generation to another for the benefit of humanity. Though the bible remains one the oldest books still in existence, it addresses both the past, present and future. It will be a little bit hard to make a list of best bible verses because all the scriptures and verses in the bible talks about different things that are all very important and none can be taken for granted. The shortest and most insignificant verse in the bible has something important to say, these are not mere words of men but words written out of an inspiration by the holy spirit. Nevertheless, we’ve gone through the scriptures to pick out what we consider the best Bible verses, there are about 160 of them and we hope you’ll find them inspiring.
Best Bible Verses About Love
1. 1 John 4:8 He that loves not knows not God; for God is love.
2. 1 Corinthians 13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
3. Ephesians 4:2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
4. 1 Peter 4:8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
5. 1 John 4:7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
6. 1 John 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
7. 1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear: because fear has torment. He that fears is not made perfect in love.
8. Song of Solomon 4:10 How fair is your love, my sister, my spouse! how much better is your love than wine! and the smell of your ointments than all spices!
9. Song of Solomon 8:6 Set me as a seal on your heart, as a seal on your arm: for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which has a most vehement flame.
10. Ephesians 5:33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
11. Colossians 3:14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
12. Proverbs 10:12 Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs.
13. Proverbs 17:17 A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
14. Song of Solomon 8:7 Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned.
15. John 15:13 Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
16. Proverbs 17:17 A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
17. 1 Corinthians 13:13 And now stays faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
18. Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
19. Colossians 3:14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfection.
20. Song of Solomon 1:2 Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for your love is better than wine.
21. Song of Solomon 2:16 My beloved is mine, and I am his: he feeds among the lilies.
22. 1 Peter 4:8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.
23. 1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.
24. John 8:13 The Pharisees challenged him, “Here you are, appearing as your own witness; your testimony is not valid.”
25. Romans 12:9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
26. Romans 13:10 Love does no harm to its neighbour. Therefore love is the fulfilment of the law.
27. Proverbs 5:19 Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy you at all times; and be you ravished always with her love.
28. 1 John 4:18-19 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because he first loved us.
29. John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
30. Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
31. Psalms 42:11 Why are you cast down, O my soul? and why are you disquieted within me? hope you in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.
32. 1 Corinthians 13:4 Charity suffers long, and is kind; charity envies not; charity braggs not itself, is not puffed up,
33. Proverbs 10:12 Hatred stirs up strifes: but love covers all sins.
34. Proverbs 13:24 He that spares his rod hates his son: but he that loves him chastens him betimes.
35. Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. NIV
36. John 5:24 “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.” NIV
37. John 11:25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even though they die;” NIV
38. John 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. NIV
39. 1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. NIV