A little smile makes the world a beautiful place. Wearing a smiley face has a way of affecting your day and everyone around you in a positive way. People love hanging around folks that smile a lot because it makes them feel more at ease. You just can’t continue wearing a long face all through the day because it does more harm than good, after all it doesn’t cost you anything to smile, rather a little smile puts you on the right track. There are numerous circumstances that are there to make one sad every day, but you don’t have to surrender to those forces, put on a smiling face and you will remain a victor and not a victim to those circumstances. It pays to smile. Here are some of the best smile quotes that will surely put a smile on your face.
Smiling Quotes – Quotes About Smiles
1. A smile is the universal welcome. ~Max Eastman
2. Keep smiling — it makes people wonder what you’ve been up to. ~Author Unknown
3. You’re never fully dressed without a smile. ~Martin Charnin
4. A smile can brighten the darkest day. ~Author Unknown
5. Smile, it lets your teeth breathe. ~Author Unknown
6. Peace begins with a smile. ~Mother Teresa
7. A smile is a powerful weapon; you can even break ice with it. ~Author Unknown
8. Most smiles are started by another smile. ~Author Unknown
9. A smile is something you can’t give away; it always comes back to you. ~Author Unknown
10. A smile costs nothing but gives much. It enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give. It takes but a moment, but the memory of it sometimes lasts forever. None is so rich or mighty that he cannot get along without it and none is so poor that he cannot be made rich by it. Yet a smile cannot be bought, begged, borrowed, or stolen, for it is something that is of no value to anyone until it is given away. Some people are too tired to give you a smile. Give them one of yours, as none needs a smile so much as he who has no more to give. ~Author Unknown
11. It takes a lot of work from the face to let out a smile, but just think what good smiling can bring to the most important muscle of the body… the heart. ~Author Unknown
12. No matter how grouchy you’re feeling, you’ll find the smile more or less healing. It grows in a wreath, all around the front teeth—thus, preserving the face from congealing. ~Anthony Euwer
13. The shortest distance between two people is a smile. ~Author unknown, modification of Victor Borge’s “Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.”
14. Every scowling face also contains the shapes of engaging smiles, just waiting to be released. ~Dr. SunWolf, professorsunwolf.com
15. If you don’t start out the day with a smile, it’s not too late to start practicing for tomorrow. ~Author Unknown
16. Is a smile a question? Or is it the answer? ~Lee Smith
17. Smiling is my favorite exercise. ~Author Unknown
18. Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. ~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
19. A smile confuses an approaching frown. ~Author Unknown
20. People seldom notice old clothes if you wear a big smile. ~Lee Mildon
21. A smile is a curve that sets everything straight. ~Phyllis Diller
22. Smile. Have you ever noticed how easily puppies make human friends? Yet all they do is wag their tails and fall over. ~Walter Anderson, The Confidence Course, 1997
23. The world always looks brighter from behind a smile. ~Author Unknown
24. Start every day with a smile and get it over with. ~W.C. Fields
25. Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy. ~Thích Nhất Hạnh
26. The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. ~Robert Bloch
27. I have a tickle in my brain. And it keeps making the corners of my mouth point toward the heavens. ~Jeb Dickerson – www.howtomatter.com
28. Every smile makes you a day younger. ~Chinese Proverb
29. I like her because she smiles at me and means it. ~Terri Guillemets
30. Wear a smile — one size fits all. ~Author Unknown
31. People are not perfect (except when they smile). ~Author Unknown
32. Every day you spend without a smile, is a lost day. ~Author Unknown
33. Sometimes it’s just enough to smile sincerely. ~Mike Dolan – www.hawaiianlife.com
34. Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing. ~Mother Teresa
35. A smile is like tight underwear — it makes your cheeks go up. ~Author Unknown
36. A friendly look, a kindly smile, one good act, and life’s worthwhile. ~Author Unknown
37. What a snapshot is to your life, your life is to eternity, so wouldn’t it be nice if eternity captured you smiling? ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com
38. A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles. ~Washington Irving
39. Beauty is power; a smile is its sword. ~Charles Reade
40. Before you put on a frown, make absolutely sure there are no smiles available. ~Jim Beggs
41. A smile is an inexpensive way to change your looks. ~Charles Gordy
42. Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been. ~Mark Twain, Following the Equator
43. The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
44. A smile is the light in the window of your face that tells people you’re at home. ~Author Unknown
45. If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it. ~Andy Rooney
46. It takes seventeen muscles to smile and forty-three to frown. ~Author Unknown
47. The smile that flickers on baby’s lips when he sleeps — does anyone know where it was born? Yes, there is a rumor that a young pale beam of a crescent moon touched the edge of a vanishing autumn cloud, and there the smile was first born in the dream of a dew-washed morning. ~Rabindranath Tagore
48. Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important. ~Janet Lane
49. The teeth are smiling, but is the heart? ~African Proverb
50. All the statistics in the world can’t measure the warmth of a smile. ~Chris Hart
51. If you smile at someone, they might smile back. ~Author Unknown
52. Life is like a mirror, we get the best results when we smile at it. ~Author Unknown
53. Always remember to be happy because you never know who’s falling in love with your smile. ~Author Unknown
54. Hey, I’ve got nothing to do today but smile. ~Paul Simon, “Only Living Boy in New York”
55. Everyone smiles in the same language. ~Author Unknown
56. A smile appeared upon her face as if she’d taken it directly from her handbag and pinned it there. ~Loma Chandler
57. A laugh is a smile that bursts. ~Mary H. Waldrip
58. Smile — sunshine is good for your teeth. ~Author Unknown
59. If you don’t have a smile, I’ll give you one of mine. ~Author Unknown
60. I’ve never seen a smiling face that was not beautiful. ~Author Unknown
61. Wear a smile and have friends; wear a scowl and have wrinkles. ~George Eliot
62. If you would like to spoil the day for a grouch, give him a smile. ~Author Unknown
63. Smile with your lips, smile with your eyes, smile with your heart and your soul and your life. ~Terri Guillemets
64. Smile! It increases your face value. ~Robert Harling, Steel Magnolias
65. She gave me a smile I could feel in my hip pocket. ~Raymond Chandler
You Make Me Smile Quotes
66. You have no idea how much I like you, how much you make me smile, how much I love talking to you, or how much I wish you were mine.
67. How do you do that? How do you make me smile without even trying?
68. You make me smile, please stay for a while now. Just take your time. Wherever you go.
69. You make me smile without even trying. If I said I didn’t feel anything for you, I’d be lying.
70. You make me smile. Yes, you don’t even have to do anything.
71. You make me smile endlessly. Keep doing what you’re doing to me.
72. The day I met you, my life changed. The way you make me feel is hard to explain. you make me smile in a special kind of way. You make me fall deeper in love everyday.
73. You make me smile,you make me laugh, you are the one who cheers me up. When I am down you pick me up and when I frown you turn it upside down
74. When I’m with you I’m happy, when we hug its like I don’t ever want to let go, when you make me smile it brings the sunshine out in me, when I see you and our eyes meet, its like something I’ve never felt before.
75. You make me smile and giggle. I like that you give me butterflies. It sounds really cheesy, I know, but that’s the effect you have on me. Every single time.
76. I’m sad – because I can’t hold you. I’m glad – because you make me smile. I’m mad – because you’re not mine.
77. I don’t know what it is about you. Maybe the way nothing matters when were talking, or how you make me smile more than anyone else has.
78. I love the way you make me smile just by seeing your face.
79. You make me smile, please stay for a while.
80. You make me laugh at things that aren’t funny. you make me smile without actually being here. You make my stomach flip by a text.
81. You make me smile for no reason whatsoever, You make me laugh at less funniest things, But most of all, you make me love you…When I shouldn’t be loving you?
82. I’d rather speak to you about the new girl in your life than not speak to you at all. Because you make me smile, no matter how dark my day is.
83. You make me smile everyday, you make my heart race away, you make me feel like a queen, and that’s the way it should be
84. For all the nights I shed tears, I didn’t have to worry, you were always there. you make me smile all the time. Your the reason that the sun shines.
85. You make me smile with every word you say!
86. Music you soothe me, you make me smile,and your always there…I couldn’t have asked for a better.
87. You make me smile, you make me cry, but you complete me and I love you so much that I cannot stop loving you.
88. Anyone can make you smile or cry, it takes someone special to make you smile when you already have tears in your eyes.
89. You brought colors into my life.
90. It isn’t about having a perfect relationship. It’s about finding someone who will be there through everything without giving up.
Quotes To Make You Smile – Quotes That Make You Smile
91. Love doesn’t make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile. – Franklin P. Jones
92. The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is to love and be loved in return. – Eden Ahbez
93. The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart. – Helen Keller
94. For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul. – Judy Garland
95. And ever has it been known that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation. – Kahlil Gibran
96. Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind. – William Shakespeare
97. A smile is a curve that sets everything straight. —Phyllis Diller
98. Hey, I’ve got nothing to do today but smile. —Paul Simon
99. Don’t cry for a man who’s left you; the next one may fall for your smile. —Mae West
100. You’ll find that life is still worthwhile, if you just smile. —Charlie Chaplin
101. If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love. —Maya Angelou
102. Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened. —Dr. Seuss
103. Use your smile to change the world; don’t let the world change your smile.
104. Never regret something that once made you smile.
105. You are somebody’s reason to smile.
106. Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity. – Khalil Gibran
107. Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage. – Lao-Tzu
108. Love is like pi — natural, irrational, and very important. – Lisa Hoffman
109. Where there is love there is life. – Mahatma Gandhi
110. I add a smile to everything I wear and that has worked great for me. —David White (star of TV’s Bewitched)
111. Your wrinkles either show that you’re nasty, cranky, and senile, or that you’re always smiling. —Carlos Santana
112. When I look out at the people and they look at me and they’re smiling, then I know that I’m loved. That is the time when I have no worries, no problems. —Etta James
113. Smiling is definitely one of the best beauty remedies. If you have a good sense of humor and a good approach to life, that’s beautiful. —Rashida Jones
114. It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
115. Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT’S relativity. – Albert Einstein
116. To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead. – Bertrand Russell
117. Never close your lips to those Whom you have opened your heart. – Charles Dickens
118. The simple lack of her is more to me than others’ presence. – Edward Thomas
119. In love the paradox occurs that two beings become one and yet remain two. – Erich Fromm
120. Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. – Oscar Wilde
121. No matter how many times I get hurt because of you, I won’t leave you. Because even if I have a hundred reasons to leave you, I’ll look for that one reason to fight for you. – Unknown
122. What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
123. If I can just make everything fall where it should be, I would. If I could make life better for you, I would. But I can’t. All I can do is to let you know that mine has been better because of you. – Unknown
124. Wear a smile and have friends; wear a scowl and have wrinkles. —George Eliot
125. Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been. —Mark Twain
126. Every smile makes you a day younger. —Chinese Proverb
127. If you see a friend without a smile; give him one of yours.
128. It takes a lot of energy to be negative. You have to work at it. But smiling is painless. I’d rather spend my energy smiling. —Eric Davis (former MLB star and cancer survivor )
129. I get home and my son is smiling or he comes running to me. It has just made me grow as an individual and grow as a man. —LeBron James
130. Forgiveness is a funny thing. It warms the heart and cools the sting. ~ William Arthur Ward
131. If there were no God, it would have been necessary to invent him. ~ Voltaire
132. I find television very educational. Every time someone turns it on, I go in the other room and read a book. ~ Groucho Marx
133. If you are going through hell, keep going. ~ Winston Churchill
134. You’ll be richer in the end than a prince, if you’re a friend. ~ Edgar A. Guest
135. Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter. ~ Mark Twain
136. First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me. ~ Steve Martin
137. A man is not paid for having a head and hands, but for using them. ~ Elbert Hubbard
138. When a man steals your wife there is no better revenge than to let him keep her. ~ Sacha Guitry
139. If you don’t understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child. ~ Linda Sunshine
140. A smile confuses an approaching frown. ~ Anonymous
141. The best measure of a man’s honesty isn’t his income tax return. It’s the zero adjust on his bathroom scale. ~ Arthur C. Clarke
142. Smile. Have you ever noticed how easily puppies make human friends? Yet all they do is wag their tails and fall over. ~ Walter Anderson
143. Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down. ~ Oprah Winfrey
144. Start every day with a smile and get it over with. ~ W.C. Fields
145. Hosting the Oscars is much like making love to a woman. It’s something I only get to do when Billy Crystal is out of town. ~ Steve Martin
146. Do not listen to those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious. ~ Og Mandino
147. So, if you feel a smile begin, don’t leave it undetected, let’s start an epidemic quick, and get the world infected! ~ Russell H. Conwell
148. Men want the same thing from their underwear that they want from women: a little bit of support, and a little bit of freedom. ~ Jerry Seinfeld
149. Nobody believes the official spokesman, but everybody trusts an unidentified source. ~ Ron Nesen
150. Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don’t have on something they don’t need. ~ Will Rogers
151. Don’t forget Mother’s Day… or as they call it in Beverly Hills, Dad’s Third Wife Day. ~ Jay Leno
152. Age is just a number. It’s totally irrelevant unless, of course, you happen to be a bottle of wine. ~ Joan Collins
153. If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat? ~ Tom Snyder
154. A babysitter is a teenager acting like an adult while the adults are out acting like teenagers. ~ Anonymous
155. I was showing early symptoms of becoming a professional baseball man. I was lying to the press. ~ Roger Kahn
156. A man’s go to do what a man’s got to do. A woman must do what he can’t. ~ Rhonda Hansome
157. The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age. ~ Lucille Ball
158. Love is the child of illusion and the parent of disillusion. ~ Miguel de Unamuno
159. Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties. ~ Anonymous
160. All the things I really like are either immoral, illegal or fattening. ~ Alexander Woollcott
Keep Smiling Quotes
161. Keep your head up and keep smiling through the rain.
162. Do not let yesterdays disappointments overshadow on tomorrows dreams because your life is like a mirror, if you keep smiling it smiles right back to you….So, keep smiling.
163. Emotions running deep but I have to keep em in. Keep smiling like it’s what my life depends. I’m hurting but the reasons I can’t reveal. Only God knows and in due time all wounds heal.
164. A smile is a language everybody understands. It costs nothing but creates much. It happens fast but its memory may last forever. Keep smiling.
165. Even though you never loved me, I always kept smiling because I didn’t want people to blame you as a reason behind my tears.
166. Keep smiling and one day life will get tired of upsetting you…
167. I will keep smiling, be positive and never give up! I will give 100 percent each time I play. These are always my goals and my attitude.
168. I’ve had to learn to fight all my life – got to learn to keep smiling. If you smile things will work out.
169. I’m not used to crying. It’s a little difficult. All my life I’ve had to fight. It’s just another fight I’m going to have to learn how to win, that’s all. I’m just going to have to keep smiling.
170. I want to be more like Pixie Lott. She works really hard but always manages to keep smiling. She never complains.
171. The discipline that ballet requires is obsessive. And only the ones who dedicate their whole lives are able to make it. Your toenails fall off and you peel them away and then you’re asked to dance again and keep smiling. I wanted to become a professional ballet dancer.
172. Everyone likes a good quote – don’t forget to share.
173. Women need not always keep their mouths shut and their wombs open.
174. In politics you must always keep running with the pack. The moment that you falter and they sense that you are injured, the rest will turn on you like wolves.
175. I do not wish to give up the power of personal arms and be defenceless against those who will ever and always keep and bear arms those in crime and those in government.
176. As we grow older together, As we continue to change with age, There is one thing that will never change… I will always keep falling in love with you
Fake Smile Quotes
177. A smile simply does not mean the person is happy. They can be the most upset, angry, and depressed person you have ever seen on the inside. Don’t ignore someone because they are smiling. They might still need you.
178. Each heart has some pain only the way of expression is different… Some hide it in their eyes while some hide it in their Smile.
179. You can see many smiles everyday but you can never know whose world is actually upside down.
180. Never ever judge anyone. You don’t know their story and what’s really going on . A smile can hide so much.
181. Behind your smile, I know there are sorrows. Behind your laughter, I know there are tears. But I want you to know that, behind you is me who always CARE for you.
182. Hard isn’t it? Trying to stay strong for everyone around you, with a pasted on smile that quickly goes away when you’re alone. I know it’s tough trying to kill something that’s on the inside, that eats you alive, and there’s nothing you can do about it. No matter how hard you try, it just doesn’t go away. I know it ain’t easy, but I know things will get better.
183. Every heart has a pain. Only the way of expressing it is different. Fools hide it in eyes, while the brilliant hide it in their smile.
184. Behind every fake smile is a broken heart
185. A smile that hides the pain within the heart soothes the hearts of those who behold it. So smile even through difficult times.
186. Laugh, even if you hurt. Don’t let anyone get to you, you’re beautiful regardless of what anyone says to you.
187. Sometimes you just have to smile, pretend everything’s okay hold back the tears and just walk away.
188. I’m a simple person who hides a thousand feelings behind the happiest smile.
189. Hide all your problems behind your sweetest smile. Because there is no one to help you out in your problems. You alone have to face it. So face it with smile.
190. The hardest moment is not when tears flow from our eyes but its when we have to hide the tears in our eyes with a smile on our face!
191. Pain isn’t always measured by the number of tears we cry. It’s also measured by the smile we fake!
192. Wiping away these invisible tears that have been hiding behind this smile for all of these years everything that you’ve known about me has all been a lie cause the girl that you think is happy is wishing to die.
193. Yesterday I wasn’t okay, today I’m not okay. But I still hold my head up high.
194. You are my everything the reason I wake up in the morning. Just the thought of you brings a smile to my face that can last for days. The sound of your voice brings chills throughout my body. You make me the happiest that I have ever been. And to you I am only a friend…
195. A smile hides my pain, a hug masks my heartache, and a laugh covers my tears.
196. Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.
197. Count your nights by stars, not shadows; count your life with smiles, not tears.
198. A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.
199. A smile is an inexpensive way to change your looks.
200. Behind my smile is hurting heart. Behind my laugh i am falling apart. Look closely at me and you will see, the person I am…….is not me.