Wedding vows ought to be inspiring and romantic, to begin with, and it takes more than just words to make a good wedding vow. Great wedding vows are born out of great and well-inspired ideas with love. Great and well-inspired wedding vows add more flavor to the wedding ceremony, no wonder most people look forward to that moment when the couple exchanges their sincere and heart-felt love wishes and commitment to each other. Here is a list of some best wedding vows that might interest you.
Best Wedding Vows For Him – Best Wedding Vows For Her
1. I promise to drop my expectations of you becoming the man I want you to be as opposed to the man you are.
2. I promise to focus a lot more on my shortcomings and a lot less on yours.
3. I promise to forgive both of us for having not known from the start how to be the kind and generous partners we’ve finally become.
4. I’ve always had goals, aspirations, things I wanted to do. But when I met you, I learned what it was to dream. You dreamed of traveling, but not just out of the state; you dreamed of visiting Spain, Italy and places I’ve only read about. I’ve learned to dream of the things I deserve.
5. I vow to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share in the silence when they are not.
6. Until today, the day that I told you I loved you, the day that I knew I was going to marry you, that was the best day of my life.
7. I promise to be your navigator, consoler, sidekick, best friend and your husband. Finally, I promise you myself.
8. Our open attitude toward finding adventure together in life is something that I cherish. I love it even more when those great experiences take the form of us making up a home-cooked meal together with a lot of great wine and music. I would marry you for your risotto alone!
9. I call you ‘My Megan’ because you are my everything. You are my light, and you’ve shown me more love than I’ve ever known.
10. I promise to hold your hand every night and to never let us lose our spark.
11. The feeling hit me the moment we made eye contact in class. It was so immediate and powerful—far deeper and inexplicably beyond any calculation of time and place. You don’t describe a feeling like that. You also can’t replicate it or force it. You just let it flow in and around you. You go where it takes you.
12. I promise faithfulness and patience, respect and lightheartedness, attentiveness and self-improvement. I will celebrate your triumphs, and love you all the more for your failures.
13. In sickness and in health: I promise to take care of you, even when you’ve overindulged the night before. For richer or for poorer: I promise not to spend all our money at Nordstrom.
14. I promise to do more than my fair share when necessary and to not grouse about it. Keeping score is about fear and stinginess, not about love.
15. I promise to release my end of the rope when we’re in a tug of war, knowing that there’s a cost to my winning when it means that you lose.
16. I promise to not ask you to change in ways that I’m unwilling to change.
17. I promise to keep in mind that your basic intention is to be a loving and decent husband, even when you’re not doing so.
18. I remember once how I told you I did not believe in soul mates. I will never forget your reaction. Shocked and a little hurt that I did not think we were. But as time went by, your love made me believe.
19. You know me better than anyone else in this world and somehow still you manage to love me. You are my best friend and one true love. There is still a part of me today that cannot believe that I’m the one who gets to marry you.”
20. I feel truly blessed because I’ve found a love that transcends and grows, despite state lines, early morning commutes, barking beagles and conflicting seasons.
21. I promise to notice and acknowledge the positive things that you do, rather than get hung up on the negatives.
22. I promise to accept that we are different — that we will see the world differently and over the course of our marriage we will want different things. Though I don’t expect this to be easy, I will strive to be open-minded and loving about the way that you see things. Failing that, I will do my best to be tolerant.
23. I promise to not take your annoying behaviors personally, even though I really, really wish you would wash out the sponge.
24. I see these vows not as promises but as privileges: I get to laugh with you and cry with you; care for you and share with you. I get to run with you and walk with you; build with you and live with you.
25. I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not, to agree to disagree on red velvet cake, and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.
26. I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love. And to always know in the deepest part of my soul that no matter what challenges might carry us apart, we will always find our way back to each other.
27. Where there has been cold, you have brought warmth; where my life was dark, you have brought light.
28. I promise with all my heart to love you when times are good and bad. When you’re sore on Monday from sitting the same position all day during Sunday football, when men hit on you as you walk my Pomeranian, and when you need someone to lean on when work gets tough, I will always be your gal.
29. When I’m scared, you make me feel safe. When I’m sad, you make me smile. There has yet to be a day where we haven’t laughed together. I never want there to be one.
30. I take you to be my husband, the father of my children, and best friend until death do us part. Just stay away for one week per month!
Best Wedding Vows Of All Time
31. (Name), you make loving easy. For starters, you’re the best roomie I’ve ever had. Living in sin, without our parents’ blessings, was totally worth it. I now know you are able to deal with my annoying habits. And I’ve discovered that you have very few.
32. With you I have learned to take it slow, although I could have dealt with getting to this altar a little faster. When we met, all I knew was that you made me laugh and you had a dorky look, which I thought was hot. Only time would allow me to see your true colors. You’re generous, loving, sensitive and kind.
33. I promise to be there with you through the toughest of the trials in our life and to cry with you. These trials do not include things like YouTube footage of soldiers being reunited with their daughters. You’re crying on your own with those.
34. I vow to love you through the difficult and the easy. I promise to never put you or myself in danger. This means that I will never come between you and a mirror. I will also never force you to eat spicy food with me as I did on one of our first dates. I later found out that you were clenching your cheeks the whole night.
35. What I admire most about you is your determination. But stamping your foot when you don’t get your way is no longer cute after age nine. Seriously, you need to stop that.
36. I love your feet because they have wandered over the earth and through the wind and water until they brought you to me.
37. The best love is the kind that weakens the soul, that makes us reach for more, that plants fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what you’ve given me. That’s what I hope to give to you forever.
38. I pledge before this assembled company to be your (husband/wife) from this day forward. Let us make of our two lives, one life,
and let us always honor and respect each other.
39. I, (Name), take you, (Name), to be my wife, my partner in life, and my one true love. I will cherish our friendship and love you today, tomorrow, and until the day I die. I will always laugh with you and only occasionally at you. When I do laugh at you, if it is in public, I will do my best to create the illusion that it is with you.
40. I look forward to being a married man and starting a new chapter in my life. For starters, I will no longer refer to it as ‘my life,’ but ‘ours.’ I look forward to being the best father I can be and helping you to be the best mother.
Best Friend Wedding Vows
41. With this ring, I thee wed; With my body, I thee worship; With all my worldly goods, I thee endow.
42. In token and pledge of our faith and love, with this ring, I thee wed, in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
43. With this ring, I thee wed, as a symbol of my endless love for you.
44. As this ring encircles your finger from this day forward, so will my love always encircle you.
45. I give you this ring as a reminder that I will love you every day of your life.
46. This ring I give to you is a token of my devotion and with my heart, I pledge to you all I am. With this ring, I marry you and join my life to yours.
47. As this ring has no end, neither shall my love for you.
48. I give this ring in remembrance of this hour as a symbol of my love for you.
49. I am my beloved’s. And my beloved is mine.
50. I belong to you. And you belong to me.
51. I offer you this ring as a sign of my enduring love, please wear it so all know that you are touched by my love.
52. I give you this ring; please wear it with love and joy.
Best Wedding Vows For Men
53. I, (name) take you, (name) to be my wife, my friend, my love and the mother of our children. I will be yours in times of plenty and in times of need, in times of sickness and in times of health, in times of joy and in times of sorrow, in times of failure and in times of triumph. I promise to cherish and respect you, to care for and protect you, to comfort and encourage you and stay with you for all eternity.
54. I, (name) affirm my love to you, (name) as I invite you to share my life. You are the most beautiful, smart, and generous person I have ever known, and I promise to always respect you. With kindness, unselfishness and trust, I will work by your side to create a wonderful life together.
55. (name) I love you. I want to be your husband so that we might serve Christ together. Through all of the uncertainties and trials of life, I promise to be faithful to you and love you, so that together we may grow in the likeness of Christ and that our home may be praiseworthy to Him.
56. (name) I promise to love you, to be your best friend, to respect and support you, to be patient with you, to work together with you to achieve our goals, to accept you unconditionally and to share my life with you forever.
57. I (name) take you (name) to be my wife, my constant friend, my faithful partner and my one true love. In the presence of God and those here today, I promise to be your faithful husband through all of life’s joys and challenges. I further promise to love you unconditionally, comfort you in hard times, encourage you to achieve all your goals, laugh with you, cry with you, always be open and honest with you, grow with you in mind and spirit and cherish the love we share for as long as we both shall live.
58. I (name) take you (name) to be my wife, my partner in life and my one true love. I will cherish our marriage and love you more each day. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together. I give you my hand, my heart, and my love, from this day forward for as long as we both shall live. In the presence of God and our family and friends, I take thee to be my wife, promising with divine assistance to be a loving and faithful husband for as long as we both shall live.
59. With God as my witness, I, (name) take you, (name) to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, as long as we both shall live.
60. (name) I love you. You are my best friend. Today I give myself to you in marriage. I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you, and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle. I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems hard, when our love is simple, and when it is an effort. I promise to cherish you, and to always hold you in the highest regard. These words I will honour you with today, and all the days of our life.