The Bible is a major source of strength, inspiration, and encouragement for many, not just the Bible, but the word of God that is embedded in it. It can give strength to the weak, and restore healing to the sick. The issue most times is that many people don’t know the efficacy of the Bible. They just see it as a mere book that they consult once after a long time (that is if they do at all), but the truth still remains that the word of God carries the solution to all of life’s problems. Here is a list of some Bible verses about strength.
Inspirational Bible Verses About Strength
1. Psalm 16:8 – I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
2. Psalm 55:22 – Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.
3. 1 Peter 5:7 – Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
4. Isaiah 41:10 – Fear thou not; for I [am] with thee: be not dismayed; for I [am] thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
5. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 – And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
6. Matthew 11:28 – Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
7. Psalms 39:7 – And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope [is] in thee.
8. Nehemiah 8:10 – Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for [this] day [is] holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.
9. Mark 12:30 – And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this [is] the first commandment.
10. Daniel 10:19 – And said, O man greatly beloved, fear not: peace [be] unto thee, be strong, yea, be strong. And when he had spoken unto me, I was strengthened, and said, Let my lord speak; for thou hast strengthened me.
11. Isaiah 40:21-30 – Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth?
12. Isaiah 40:1-31 – Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.
13. Exodus 13:14 – And it shall be when thy son asketh thee in time to come, saying, What [is] this? that thou shalt say unto him, By strength of hand the LORD brought us out from Egypt, from the house of bondage:
14. Hebrews 13:4 – Marriage [is] honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.
15. Ephesians 6:10 – Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
16. Romans 5:6 – For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
17. Acts 13:1-3 – Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.
18. John 5:8 – Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.
19. John 18:1-40 – When Jesus had spoken these words, he went forth with his disciples over the brook Cedron, where was a garden, into the which he entered, and his disciples.
20. John 5:11 – He answered them, He that made me whole, the same said unto me, Take up thy bed, and walk.
21. Luke 10:27 – And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
22. Luke 1:51 – He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
24. Matthew 5:13 – Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
25. Proverbs 8:14 – Counsel [is] mine, and sound wisdom: I [am] understanding; I have strength.
26. Psalms 81:1 – (To the chief Musician upon Gittith, [A Psalm] of Asaph.) Sing aloud unto God our strength: make a joyful noise unto the God of Jacob.
27. Psalms 27:1 – ([A Psalm] of David.) The LORD [is] my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD [is] the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
28. Psalms 19:14 – Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
29. Psalms 18:2 – The LORD [is] my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, [and] my high tower.
30. Job 21:23 – One dieth in his full strength, being wholly at ease and quiet.
31. Jeremiah 17:5 – Thus saith the LORD; Cursed [be] the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.
32. Jeremiah 12:5 – If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? and [if] in the land of peace, [wherein] thou trustedst, [they wearied thee], then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?
33. Isaiah 43:1-28 – But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called [thee] by thy name; thou [art] mine.
34. Proverbs 21:22 – A wise [man] scaleth the city of the mighty, and casteth down the strength of the confidence thereof.
35. Psalms 46:1 – (To the chief Musician for the sons of Korah, A Song upon Alamoth.) God [is] our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Famous Bible Verses About Strength
36. Lamentations 1:14 – The yoke of my transgressions is bound by his hand: they are wreathed, [and] come up upon my neck: he hath made my strength to fall, the Lord hath delivered me into [their] hands, [from whom] I am not able to rise up.
37. Lamentations 1:11 – All her people sigh, they seek bread; they have given their pleasant things for meat to relieve the soul: see, O LORD, and consider; for I am become vile.
38. Isaiah 10:13 – For he saith, By the strength of my hand I have done [it], and by my wisdom; for I am prudent: and I have removed the bounds of the people, and have robbed their treasures, and I have put down the inhabitants like a valiant [man]:
39. Isaiah 1:1-31 – The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, [and] Hezekiah, kings of Judah.
40. Lamentations 1:14 – The yoke of my transgressions is bound by his hand: they are wreathed, [and] come up upon my neck: he hath made my strength to fall, the Lord hath delivered me into [their] hands, [from whom] I am not able to rise up.
41. Lamentations 1:11 – All her people sigh, they seek bread; they have given their pleasant things for meat to relieve the soul: see, O LORD, and consider; for I am become vile.
42. Isaiah 10:13 – For he saith, By the strength of my hand I have done [it], and by my wisdom; for I am prudent: and I have removed the bounds of the people, and have robbed their treasures, and I have put down the inhabitants like a valiant [man]:
43. Isaiah 1:1-31 – The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, [and] Hezekiah, kings of Judah.
44. Job 12:16 – With him [is] strength and wisdom: the deceived and the deceiver [are] his.
45. Ephesians 1:19 – And what [is] the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
46. 1 Corinthians 1:8 – Who shall also confirm you unto the end, [that ye may be] blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
47. Acts 3:7 – And he took him by the right hand, and lifted [him] up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.
48. John 5:9 – And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and on the same day was the sabbath.
49. Zechariah 1:18 – Then lifted I up mine eyes, and saw, and behold four horns.
50. Luke 10:19 – Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
51. Matthew 26:52-54 – Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
52. Habakkuk 3:16-19 – When I heard, my belly trembled; my lips quivered at the voice: rottenness entered into my bones, and I trembled in myself, that I might rest in the day of trouble: when he cometh up unto the people, he will invade them with his troops.
53. Nahum 1:12 – Thus saith the LORD; Though [they be] quiet, and likewise many, yet thus shall they be cut down, when he shall pass through. Though I have afflicted thee, I will afflict thee no more.
54. Lamentations 1:6 – And from the daughter of Zion all her beauty is departed: her princes are become like harts [that] find no pasture, and they are gone without strength before the pursuer.
55. 1 Peter 4:11 – If any man speak, [let him speak] as the oracles of God; if any man minister, [let him do it] as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
56. Jeremiah 1:18 – For, behold, I have made thee this day a defenced city, and an iron pillar, and brasen walls against the whole land, against the kings of Judah, against the princes thereof, against the priests thereof, and against the people of the land.
57. Proverbs 4:18 – But the path of the just [is] as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.
58. Joshua 1:9 – Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God [is] with thee whithersoever thou goest.
59. James 1:27 – Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, [and] to keep himself unspotted from the world.
Bible Verses About Strength and Hope
60. 1 Timothy 1:12 – And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;
61. 2 Corinthians 12:9 – And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
62. Acts 9:19 – And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.
63. Acts 6:8 – And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people.
64. Psalms 23:1-4 – (A Psalm of David.) The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want.
65. Nehemiah 1:10 – Now these [are] thy servants and thy people, whom thou hast redeemed by thy great power, and by thy strong hand.
66. 2 Kings 18:20 – Thou sayest, (but [they are but] vain words,) [I have] counsel and strength for the war. Now on whom dost thou trust, that thou rebellest against me?
67. 1 Samuel 2:9 – He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.
68. 1 Samuel 2:4 – The bows of the mighty men [are] broken, and they that stumbled are girded with strength.
69. 1 Corinthians 16:13 – Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.
70. Romans 8:28 – And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.
71. James 5:16 – Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
72. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 – What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
73. 1 Timothy 5:8 – But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
74. Daniel 10:19 – “Do not be afraid, you who are highly esteemed,” he said. “Peace! Be strong now; be strong.” When he spoke to me, I was strengthened and said, “Speak, my lord, since you have given me strength.” (NIV)
75. Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Bible Verses About Strength in Hard Times
76. Deuteronomy 31:6 – Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he [it is] that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
77. Deuteronomy 20:4 – For the LORD your God [is] he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.
78. 1 Corinthians 10:13 – There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].
79. Job 13:15 Though he slays me, I will hope in him; yet I will argue my ways to his face.
80. Romans 5:5 – And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.
81. Psalm 27:1 – The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
82. Matthew 17:20 – He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.”
83. Mark 10:52 – And Jesus said to him, “Go your way; your faith has made you well.” And immediately he recovered his sight and followed him on the way.
84. Isaiah 41:10 – So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
85. John 14:27 – Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
86. John 16:33 – “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
87. Psalm 46:1-3 – God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. Selah!
88. 2 Timothy 1:7 – For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.
89. Judges 16:17 – That he told her all his heart, and said unto her, There hath not come a razor upon mine head; for I [have been] a Nazarite unto God from my mother’s womb: if I be shaven, then my strength will go from me, and I shall become weak, and be like any [other] man.
90. Genesis 2:24 – Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
Short Bible Verses About Strength
91. Revelation 12:10 – And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
92. Revelation 1:16 – And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two-edged sword: and his countenance [was] as the sun shineth in his strength.
93. 2 Peter 3:18 – But grow in grace, and [in] the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him [be] glory both now and forever. Amen.
94. Daniel 11:15 – So the king of the north shall come, and cast up a mount, and take the most fenced cities: and the arms of the south shall not withstand, neither his chosen people, neither [shall there be any] strength to withstand.
95. Daniel 10:18 – Then there came again and touched me [one] like the appearance of a man, and he strengthened me,
96. Daniel 10:16 – And, behold, [one] like the similitude of the sons of men touched my lips: then I opened my mouth, and spake, and said unto him that stood before me, O my lord, by the vision my sorrows are turned upon me, and I have retained no strength.
97. Job 12:13 – With him [is] wisdom and strength, he hath counsel and understanding.
98. Job 2:13 – So they sat down with him upon the ground seven days and seven nights, and none spake a word unto him: for they saw that [his] grief was very great.
99. Matthew 21:21 And Jesus answered them, “Truly, I say to you, if you have faith anddo not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ it will happen.
100. Deuteronomy 31:6 – Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”
101. John 16:33 – I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
102. Psalm 23:4 – Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
103. Psalm 28:7 – The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.
104. Psalm 29:11 – The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace.
105. Psalm 59:17 – You are my strength, I sing praise to you; you, God, are my fortress, my God on whom I can rely.
106. Psalm 73:26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
107. Psalms 66:1-20 – (To the chief Musician, A Song [or] Psalm.) Make a joyful noise unto God, all ye lands: (Read More…)
108. Revelation 7:12 – Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, [be] unto our God forever and ever. Amen.
109. Hebrews 6:18 – That by two immutable things, in which [it was] impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:
110. Philippians 1:28 – And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God.
111. Nahum 1:7 – The LORD [is] good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.
112. Isaiah 12:2 – Behold, God [is] my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH [is] my strength and [my] song; he also is become my salvation.
113. Hebrews 3:1-19 – Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus; (Read More…)
114. Habakkuk 1:11 – Then shall [his] mind change, and he shall pass over, and offend, [imputing] this his power unto his god.
115. Jeremiah 9:23 – Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise [man] glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty [man] glory in his might, let not the rich [man] glory in his riches:
116. Psalms 18:1 – (To the chief Musician, [A Psalm] of David, the servant of the LORD, who spake unto the LORD the words of this song in the day [that] the LORD delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul: And he said,) I will love thee, O LORD, my strength.
117. 1 Samuel 2:10 – The adversaries of the LORD shall be broken to pieces; out of heaven shall he thunder upon them: the LORD shall judge the ends of the earth; and he shall give strength unto his king, and exalt the horn of his anointed.
118. Matthew 5:1-48 – And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: (Read More…)
119. Hosea 7:9 – Strangers have devoured his strength, and he knoweth [it] not: yea, gray hairs are here and there upon him, yet he knoweth not.
120. Matthew 6:33 – But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Bible Verses About Strength and Faith
121. Psalms 31:24 – Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.
122. Ecclesiastes 4:9-13 – Two [are] better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. (Read More…)
123. Isaiah 40:31 – But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.
124. Isaiah 26:3 – You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast because he trusts in you.
125. Psalm 118:14-16 – The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous: “The LORD’s right hand has done mighty things! The LORD’s right hand is lifted high; the LORD’s right hand has done mighty things!”
126. Psalm 119:114-115 – You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word. Away from me, you evildoers, that I may keep the commands of my God!
127. Psalm 119:71 – It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees.
128. Psalm 120:1 – I call on the LORD in my distress, and he answers me.
Bible Verses About Strength And Love
129. Ephesians 5:25 – Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
130. Ephesians 5:33 – However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
131. Colossians 3:14 – And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
132. Proverbs 10:12 – Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs.
133. Proverbs 17:17 – A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
134. Romans 13:10 – Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
135. 1 Corinthians 13:13 – And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.
136. Ephesians 4:2 – Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
137. 1 John 4:8 – Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
138. John 3:16 – “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
139. Psalm 18:1 – I love you, O LORD, my strength.
140. Matthew 22:27-29 – Finally, the woman died. Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?” Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.