The 16th Edition of the Ghana Banking Awards was held in Accra on Saturday, 15th July, 2017. And the winners are…
The 2017 Ghana Banking Awards (GBA), comprised 15 plus two award categories identified and agreed upon by the Technical Committee.
The other two awards are exclusively given and sponsored by the Ghana Interbank Payment and Settlement Systems (GHiPSS). They are the Most Active E-zwich Bank and the Bank that Promotes Cashless Transactions.
Shine Your Eyes! These Micro-Finance Banks In Ghana Are Fake!!!
In all 33 banks competed for the 17 award categories at the 16th GBA, including the ultimate Bank of the Year Award. At the end of the day, Ecobank Ghana Limited went home with the coveted Bank of the Year Award, as well as the Corporate Social Responsibility and Financial Performance Awards.
Below are the 2017 GBA winners:
- Customer Care – Prudential Bank
- Advisory Services – BSIC Ghana Ltd
- Trade Finance –
- Trade Deal of the Year – Standard Chartered Bank
- Long Term Loan Finance – UniBank
- Savings/Deposit Account – Stanbic Ghana Limited
- Retail Banking – Prudential Bank
- Corporate Banking – BSIC Bank
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing – ADB Bank Limited
- Products and Services Innovation – UBA
- Competitive Pricing – Bank of Baroda
- Corporate Social Responsibility – Ecobank Ghana Limited
- Financial Performance – Ecobank Ghana Limited
- Bank Growth – GN Bank
- Bank of the Year – Ecobank Ghana Limited
- Most active E-zwich bank: GCB Bank
- The Bank that Promotes Cashless Transactions – Zenith Bank
The Ghana Banking Awards was instituted in the year 2001 with the aim of encouraging and rewarding hard work in the various aspects of the banking sector across the country.
. And since its inception, Ecobank Limited has proven to be the giants in the competition as they have grabbed the Bank of the Year Award 10 good times! This year’s win is the 10th time the Pan African Bank is going home with the prestigious and much treasured prize.
Howbeit, most of the above winning banks rank among the biggest and most respected banks in Ghana.