NPP Tarkwa Nsuaem Constituency Chairman, Kofi Boamah Is Dead

Reports reveal that the Tarkwa Nsuaem constituency chairman of the opposition New Patriotic Party (NPP) Samuel Osei Kofi Boamah is dead.

Kofi Boamah, popularly known as Africana, died early Sunday morning at a yet-to-be the Tarkwa Government Hospital.

According to Starr News’ Western regional correspondent Emmanuel Ohene Gyan, the deceased  merely complained of an ache in his leg, and was rushed to the hospital Saturday evening, where he subsequently gave up the ghost.

Kofi Boamah has been the constituency’s chairman since 2013 till his death. He also held the same position from 1997 to 2000.

Communications director of the party in the Western region Okaatakyie Amankwaah Afriyie confirmed the incident to Starr News.

“We have just been informed of his death this morning. He was the chairman for the area when Kufuor came to power then he traveled outside and came back to win the seat again. So it is true, the chairman for the Tarkwa constituency is dead… We are working closely with family and I believe by close of day tomorrow, we may announce when the one week celebration will take place,” he said.

According to Ohene Gyan, the latest incident brings to three the number of constituency chairmen of the party who have died over the last few months.

Meanwhile, a slightly different report was gathered from Citi News and it says the deceased complained of neck pain and went to the hospital all by himself.

“He was not feeling well yesterday. He complained of neck pains and so he left for the Old Tarkwa Government Hospital all by himself. But around midnight, the neck pain had become a heart issue so around 5am when I went to the hospital, the attendant in charge met me and announced his death to me,” the second Constituency Vice Chairman of the party , Gilbert Ken Asmah told Citi News.

Mr. Asmah who eulogized the late Kofi Boamah’s selflessness and hard work said:

“Even though I was the 2nd vice chairman, he never avoided me in any decision he had to take. It was through his hard work that after serving in the 1990s to bring the NPP to power in 2000, delegates did not hesitate to reelect him in December 2013. Indeed, we have lost a great pillar in the party”.

His remains has since been deposited at the hospital’s morgue awaiting funeral arrangements and interment.