Ghana’s Ambassadors: Meet the 22 New Ambassadors…
President Nana Akufo-Addo has appointed twenty-two (22) Ghanaians as ambassadors to foreign countries to act as representatives of the nation there.
The President made this appointment on Monday, July 10, at a ceremony which was held in the Banquet Hall at the seat of government. The event which was graced by some political dignitaries, saw the ambassadors receive their letter of credence.
These ambassadors will represent Ghana safeguard and promote the image and interests of our nation outside Ghana; in accordance with Article 74(1) of the Constitution.
During the short ceremony, President admonished the newly appointed ambassadors to project the good image of Ghana which has been widely spread worldwide as the beacon of Africa. Nana Addo advised them to ensure they have a cordial relationship with the foreign officers who were already at their countries of posting.
Ghana’s Ambassadors: Meet the 22 New Appointees
- Mrs Salma Frances Mancell-Egala – Republic of Turkey
- Mr. Paul Okoh – Arab Republic of Egypt
- Mrs. Mercy Bampo Addo – Republic of Malta
- Mr. Kwasi Owusu-Yeboa – Republic of Togo
- Ms. Sophia Horner-Sam – The Netherlands
- Ms. Amerley Ollennu Awua-Asamoa – The Kingdom of Denmark
- Ms. Elizabeth Salamatu Forgor – Republic of Namibia
- Gen. Francis Adu-Amanfoh – Republic of Mali
- Mr. Joseph Kojo Akudibilah – Vatican
- Mr. Joseph Ayikoi Otoo – Canada
- Mr. Napoleon Abdulai – Republic of Cuba
- Ms. Margaret Ekua Prah – Republic of Zambia
- Ms. Esther Dzifa Ofori – Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Prof. Abena Pokua A. Busia – Federative Republic of Brazil
- Ms. Paulina Patience Abagaye – Republic of Italy
- Mr. George Ayisi-Boateng – Republic of South Africa
- Naa Bolinaa Saaka – Burkina Faso
- Mr. Mike Nii Nortey Oquaye jnr – Republic of India
- Sheikh T.B Damba – Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Mr. William Azuma Awinador Kanyirigi – Federal Democratic of Ethiopia
- Dr. Edward Nasigiri Mahama – Ambassador-at-large
- Mr. Rasheed Seidu Inusah – Ambassador-at-large
This refers to ambassadors without appointments to a particular country. These ambassadors have been assigned special duties to carry out. Individuals who got this appointment include; Flagbearer of the People’s National Convention Dr. Edward Mahama and Mr. Rasheed Seidu Inusah.