If you have ever witnessed the loss of a loved one or probably you know someone who has, then you will understand how painful it feels to experience that. Words are not just enough to describe how they feel at that moment, yet certain kind words can go a long way to heal their broken hearts. Here are some of the best sympathy quotes for loss of loved ones.
Sympathy Quotes For Loss Of A Mother
1. “Moms live in a special place in the hearts of their children. That’s why mothers will continue to live even after they pass on.”
2. “May the memory of your mom give you the same feelings of love you had when she was alive.”
3. “Your mother will be greatly missed and we are sorry for your loss.”
4. “Your mother lived a great and meaningful life.”
5. “It is an honor to call your mother my friend.”
6. “I would be grateful for the opportunity to help you in any way that you need in the coming days and weeks. Just so you know, I’ll be checking in on you to see what I can do.”
7. “I’m grateful for being able to get to know your mother, and I’m comforted in the knowledge that there are other people who felt and remember her amazing influence.”
8. “As a long-time friend of your mother’s, I know how special of a person she was. I feel a great loss at this time.”
9. “Great people such as your mother are an inspiration to everyone around them. Your mother will continue to be an inspiration for me, even though she has passed. She will live on in my memory and thoughts.”
10. “I am one of the many lives that your mother touched during her life.”
11. “Your mom was a wonderful woman who role-modeled what it means to live life well.”
12. “What I remember most about your mother was her wisdom and warm-heartedness. She was patient and never seemed to speak ill of others.”
13. “Your mother had to bear the challenge of pregnancy and childbirth for you to live, and now you must bear the challenge of her loss in order for you and her to both move on.”
14. “Your mother’s light shone brightly on those she loved during her luminous life.”
15. “Most people only have one mom, and that is why moms are so special. I’m sorry for your great loss.”
16. “Even though moms are the quickest people to give love to children, they are also the people who their children need love from the most.”
17. “A mom is someone who cares deeply and always, whether you have just scraped your knee or found out about a terminal illness.”
18. “Moms keep us alive when we are helpless babies, so it’s our responsibility to keep mothers alive in our minds after they pass.”
19.”Moms are special people, especially ones like yours. From the time I spent with her, I could tell she was an amazing lady.”
20. “I admire the life that your mom lived, and I can only hope that I can have as strong of a finish to my life as she did.”
21. “Your mother was the type of person who inspired integrity in those around her; she encouraged others to be the best people they could be. That’s reflected in your life.”
22. “Your mother was one of the warmest and most caring people I have had the pleasure of knowing. I am sorry for your great loss.”
23. “Moms are important and special people. I am sorry for the loss of such a valuable person in your life. My thoughts are with you and your family at this time.”
24. “Good mothers hold a special place in their hearts for their children and most children hold a special place in their hearts for their mothers. I’m sorry for the hole that you have now.”
25. “I’m glad to have gotten to meet your mother. My condolences go out to you and your family.”
26. “I can’t help but smile on the inside when I think about the legacy she is leaving behind. She taught a lot to her children and her children’s children. Think about all the generations that have been and will be blessed by the life she lived.”
27. “We will all miss your mom. She was a dynamic person and a pleasure to know.”
28. “I like to think that the values and lessons that moms teach their children make moms immortal as they influence lives over generations.”
29. “Your mom was a beautiful woman in her personality, integrity, and actions.”
30. “She feeds us, teaches us, loves us, spends time with us. When she leaves us, she lives on through us.”
Sympathy Quotes For Loss Of A Father
31. I will pray that God will grant you the strength and the wisdom that your dad once provided to you and your family.
32. I am deeply and sincerely sorry for the loss of your father.
33. I know that no one can take your dad’s place, but I want you to know that I am available to hang out if you need somebody to talk to.
34. My condolences to you for the passing of your father. There will never be another man like him.
35. “Your dad was such a great guy and I am so sorry about your loss. He had a great sense of humor and always seemed so happy and full of life. He will be missed very much by all of us who knew him.”
36. “I was so sorry to hear about your father’s passing. I know this is a very sad and difficult time for you and your family. You have my very deepest sympathy.”
37. “I cannot tell you how sorry I was to hear about your dad. I was shocked and saddened by the news. Please extend my sympathy to your mom and the rest of your family.”
38. “I hope it comforts you to know that your grief is shared by all of us who knew your dad. He was a wonderful man and he will be sorely missed.”
39. Your dad was a great man, full of integrity and character. I am glad I was able to know him. Please accept my condolences to you and your family.
40. Losing your dad can be extremely difficult because you are losing a source of strength, stability and consistency in your life. I am sorry for your loss.
41. Your heavenly father will provide you the strength and support that your dad once provided you. I’ll be praying for you and your family. I am sorry for your loss.
42. Your dad was a wise man, but at the same time, he had a great sense of humor. He will be missed greatly and remembered often.
43. I will keep you close in my thoughts and prayers in the coming weeks as you are going through your process of grieving.
44. I am at a total loss of words of what to write or say to you to console you for the loss of your father. I want you to know that I am willing to talk anytime. I will be calling you soon to check on you and to be a listening ear for anything you want to talk about.
45. “Your father was one of the nicest people I know and I know that he was a great dad too. You have my deepest sympathy on your loss.”
46. “Please accept my sincere sympathy on the passing of your dad. I will always remember him as the hard-working and decent man that he was. My thoughts and prayers are with you.”
Pet Sympathy Quotes
47. The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. - Samuel Butler
48. Don’t cry because it’s over, Smile because it happened. - Dr. Seuss
49. May every sunrise hold more promise, every moon rise hold more peace. – Author Unknown
50. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. – Immanual Kant
51. Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened. – Anatole France
52. All animals, except man, know that the principal business of life is to enjoy it. – Samuel Butler
53. No one loves you unconditionally as your beloved pet. – Cynthia S. Dobesh
54. “…love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” – Kabil Gibran
55. “All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.” – Saint Francis of Assisi
56. “God’s finger touched him, and he slept.” – Alfred, Lord Tennyson
57. “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
58. What we have once enjoyed we can never lose; All that we love deeply, becomes a part of us. – Helen Keller
59. I believe all animals were created by God to help keep man alive. – Iwao Fujita
60. That one true heart was left behind! What feeling do we ever find, to equal among human kind , a dog’s fidelity! – Thomas Hardy
61. “A pet is never truly forgotten until it is no longer remembered.” – Lacie Petitto
62. “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” – Will Rogers
63. “Don’t cry because it’s over, Smile because it happened.” – Ted Geisel (Dr. Seuss)
64. “The risk of love is loss, and the price of loss is grief. But the pain of grief is only a shadow when compared with the pain of never risking love.” – Hilary Stanton Zunin
65. Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. – Roger Caras
66. Although it’s difficult today to see beyond the sorrow, may looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow. – Author Unknown
67. “Heartbreak is life educating us.” – George Bernard Shaw
68.“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened. ” – Anatole France
69. “Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. ” – Mark Twain
70. “If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans.” – James Herriot
71. “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” – Vicki Harrison
72. There is no death. Only a change of worlds. – Chief Seattle
73. “The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man’s.” – Mark Twain
74. “Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It’s the transition that’s troublesome.” – Isaac Asimov
75. “Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon
76. “Grieve not, nor speak of me with tears, but laugh and talk of me as if I were beside you…I loved you so- ’twas Heaven here with you.” – Isla Paschal Richardson
77. “No heaven will not ever Heaven be. Unless my cats are there to welcome me.” – Anonymous
78. “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.” – Roger Caras
79. “If I have any beliefs about immortality it is that certain dogs I know will go to heaven, and very very few people will.” – James Thurber
80. “It is a fearful thing to love what death can touch.” – Anonymous
81. Nothing to be done really about animals. Anything you do looks foolish. The answer isn’t in us. It’s almost as if were put here on earth to show how silly they aren’t. – Russell Hoban
Religious Sympathy Quotes
82. The hope of salvation is most important in our lives when death touches us.
83. We’re praying that the light of God’s face shines on you in the darkness of your grief.
84. Jesus proved his power to overcome death. He will provide our loved ones the power of life when they die, and He will provide us that power when we die.
85. Heaven has received a new member.
86. I am praying that some good comes from your loss. I can’t imagine what you feel, but I can have faith and hope for you and your family during this time.
87. Please accept my deepest condolences, and know that God loves you and can restore your spirits, give you peace, and strengthen you.
88. In the toughest times, our faith is tested most. I pray that you will come out of this with an even stronger faith and hope in the power of God.
89. It’s difficult to see the purpose of death in this world. The only way to accept it is by faith. I pray that you receive the faith you need.
90. God sees and knows everything. He is with you right now. He will take care of all his children.
91. The thought of knowing that our loved ones are in the presence of the savior can be of some comfort, especially when we have the confidence that our savior resides in us.
92. ‘Whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.’ This is proven the day our bodies die.
93. Death is only the beginning of a more perfect and beautiful everlasting life.
94. Sometimes God gives us trials to test and strengthen our faith. He helps us to depend on him and stay close.
95. Those who are with God remain alive in his presence after death. Those who are apart from God in this life will remain apart from him after death.
96. God is with you and can take care of you. I also want to extend my support too. I’ll pray for you and will check in on you very soon to see how you are doing.
97. When something like this happens, it’s easy to get discouraged. I am praying for the encouragement to overcome this difficulty.
98. The only one who has power over death is Jesus, and He gives everlasting life to those who ask Him for it.
99. I know that your faith is strong, and I want to encourage you to hold on to it. Faith is the evidence of things unseen.
100. Even though we can’t see a reason for what has happened, we can have faith that there is a reason in His plan.
101. God is bigger than any enemy we can face here in this life. Though our enemies are strong and mean us harm, God is stronger and can make good come from any event.
102. I’ll be praying for you and your family. God’s love and grace are always with you.
103. He who is everlasting is with us even beyond death.
104. God will never leave your nor forsake you. You are his child. He is your father. He will always look after you.
105. Those who are asleep will awaken on the day the Lord comes for us all. We will be called up by our Lord Jesus Christ.
106. God holds the power of life over death, and He is the true salvation. This is our only hope and comfort in this temporary life.
107. We will all be resurrected on the day of Christ’s return, just as He was on Easter day.
108. If we ask God why terrible things happen in this life, He would probably answer that suffering allows us the opportunity to show love and kindness to our neighbors.
109. I am sorry for your loss, and I want you to know that I will be praying for strength, peace, and comfort for you and your family.
110. Only God can know what you are feeling in your heart now, and only He can restore your spirit. I am available to pray with you anytime.
111. The 23rd Psalm may offer some comfort in this time of difficulty. King David knew about soothing the soul through music, and the songs in the Psalms are his work.