The bible is the most famous book in the world today, inside the bible itself, some verses seem to be more famous than others due to one reason or the other. Let’s take psalm 23 for instance, even children can quote it off hand. It is a collection of 66 books written by about 40 authors, in three different languages, on three different continents, over approximately 1600 years. The Bible claims to be inspired and inerrant. This means that the Bible claims to be from God and that it is without error in everything it addresses. Furthermore, the Bible teaches us that forgiveness of sins is found in Jesus alone, “And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men, by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12).
The accounts in the Bible were not generally written down as they occurred. Rather they were told over and over again and handed down through the years, before eventually being written down and it still remain very important in the world today especially for Christians. Clergy men are familiar with almost all the verses in the bible, and can quote them at any given time. Christians are actually expected to be familiar with the verses in the bible just like a farmer is familiar with his hoe. This is very important because the bible is actually like a compass, it gives direction in life especially for Christians. Here are some of the most famous bible verses that might interest you.
A. Famous Bible Verses About Love
1. Luke 6:35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.
2. John 8:13 The Pharisees challenged him, “Here you are, appearing as your own witness; your testimony is not valid.”
3. Romans 12:9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
4. Romans 13:10 Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
5. Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
6. Ephesians 5:33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
7. Colossians 3:14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
8. Proverbs 10:12 Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs.
9. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
10. 1 Corinthians 13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
11. Ephesians 4:2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
12. 1 Peter 4:8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
13. 1 John 4:8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
14. John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
15. Psalm 18:1I love you, O LORD, my strength.
16. 1 John 4:8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
17. John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
18. Psalm 18:1I love you, O LORD, my strength.
19. Matthew 22:27-29 Finally, the woman died. Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?” Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.
20. Mark 12:31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”
21. Luke 6:31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.