The bible is the most famous book in the world today, inside the bible itself, some verses seem to be more famous than others due to one reason or the other. Let’s take psalm 23 for instance, even children can quote it off hand. It is a collection of 66 books written by about 40 authors, in three different languages, on three different continents, over approximately 1600 years. The Bible claims to be inspired and inerrant. This means that the Bible claims to be from God and that it is without error in everything it addresses. Furthermore, the Bible teaches us that forgiveness of sins is found in Jesus alone, “And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men, by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12).
The accounts in the Bible were not generally written down as they occurred. Rather they were told over and over again and handed down through the years, before eventually being written down and it still remain very important in the world today especially for Christians. Clergy men are familiar with almost all the verses in the bible, and can quote them at any given time. Christians are actually expected to be familiar with the verses in the bible just like a farmer is familiar with his hoe. This is very important because the bible is actually like a compass, it gives direction in life especially for Christians. Here are some of the most famous bible verses that might interest you.
A. Famous Bible Verses About Love
1. Luke 6:35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.
2. John 8:13 The Pharisees challenged him, “Here you are, appearing as your own witness; your testimony is not valid.”
3. Romans 12:9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
4. Romans 13:10 Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
5. Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
6. Ephesians 5:33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
7. Colossians 3:14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
8. Proverbs 10:12 Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs.
9. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
10. 1 Corinthians 13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
11. Ephesians 4:2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
12. 1 Peter 4:8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
13. 1 John 4:8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
14. John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
15. Psalm 18:1I love you, O LORD, my strength.
16. 1 John 4:8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
17. John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
18. Psalm 18:1I love you, O LORD, my strength.
19. Matthew 22:27-29 Finally, the woman died. Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?” Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.
20. Mark 12:31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”
21. Luke 6:31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.
Famous Bible Verses Tattoos
22. Ecclesiastes 4:12 “Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.”
23. 14. Genesis 1:1-3 “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth and the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters and God said, let there be light; and there was light.”
24. 1 Corinthians 14:15 “So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my understanding; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my understanding.”
25. Joshua 1:9“ Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
26. Deuteronomy 20:3 & 2 Chronicles 20:15 “Let not your hearts faint, fear not, and do not tremble”
27. Ephesians 2:8 “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God”
28. Daniel 12:3 “Those who are wise will shine as bright as the sky, and those who turn many to righteousness will shine like stars forever.”
29. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.”
30. Isaiah 6:8 “Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”
31. 2 Timothy 1:9“He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace.”
32. Psalms 23:6 “Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.”
33. Psalm 40:2 “He heard my prayers and brought me out of the pit of misery, He set my feet upon a rock and directed my steps.”
34. Hebrews 11:1 “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.”
35. Psalm 119:105 “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.”
36. Psalm 139:14 “I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.”
37. Isaiah 40:31 “But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”
38. Song of Solomon 4:7“ You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you.”
39. 2 Timothy 1:7 “For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.”
40. Romans 8:18 “For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.”
41. John 13:7 “Jesus replied, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.”
42. Psalm 23:4 “Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”
43. Galatians 2:20 “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me”
44. James 1:2 “Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.”
45. Proverbs 31:25 “She is clothed in strength and dignity and she laughs without fear of the future.”
46. John 3:1 6“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
47. 2 Corinthians 12:9 “But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.”
48. Mark 10:9 “What God has joined together, let man not separate”
49. Hebrews 6:19 “This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary.”
50. Ephesians 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
51. James 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
52. 1 Corinthians 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
53. Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
54. 1 John 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
55. John 9:25 He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.
56. Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
57. 1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
58. Genesis 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
59. Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
Famous Verses From The Bible
60. Colossians 3:23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
61. Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
62. Proverbs 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.
63. Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
64. Psalms 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
65. Isaiah 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.
66. 1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
67. Psalms 10:17 LORD, thou hast heard the desire of the humble: thou wilt prepare their heart, thou wilt cause thine ear to hear:
68. Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
69. Joshua 1:9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
70. James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
71. Psalms 61:2 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
72. Luke 12:27 Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
73. Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
74. Psalms 12:5 For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.
75. Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
76. Psalms 84:11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
77. Luke 2:14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
78. Psalms 34:15 The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.
79. 1 Corinthians 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
80. Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
81. Matthew 10:39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
82. Psalms 103:8 The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.
83. John 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
84. Psalms 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
85. John 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
Famous Bible Verses About Strenght
86. Isaiah 40:31 – But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
87. Mark 12:30 – Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’
88. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 – But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
89. Psalm 46:1 – God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
90. Isaiah 12:2 – Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.”
91. Isaiah 33:2O – LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.
92. Isaiah 40:29-31 – He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
93. Philippians 4:13 – I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
94. Isaiah 40:29 – He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
95. Ephesians 6:10 – Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
96. Nehemiah 8:10 – Nehemiah said, “Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is sacred to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.”
97. Psalm 22:19 – But you, O LORD, be not far off; O my Strength, come quickly to help me.
98. Psalm 28:7-8 – The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. The LORD is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.
99. Psalm 118:14 – The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.
Famous Bible Verses About Faith
100. 1 Thessalonians 1:3 Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labor of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;
101. Philemon 1:6 That the communication of your faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.
102. Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
103. James 2:14 What does it profit, my brothers, though a man say he has faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
104. 1 Peter 1:5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith to salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
105. 1 Peter 1:21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
106. Matthew 21:21 Jesus answered and said to them, Truly I say to you, If you have faith, and doubt not, you shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if you shall say to this mountain, Be you removed, and be you cast into the sea; it shall be done.
107. Luke 7:50 And he said to the woman, Your faith has saved you; go in peace.
108. Luke 17:6 And the Lord said, If you had faith as a grain of mustard seed, you might say to this sycamine tree, Be you plucked up by the root, and be you planted in the sea; and it should obey you.
109. Ephesians 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, with which you shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
110. James 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavers is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
Famous Bible Verses About Life
111. Proverbs 14:27 The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, turning a man from the snares of death.
112. Proverbs 18:21The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.
113. John 8:12When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
114. John 11:25-26Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
115. John 14:6Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
116. Genesis 1:20And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky.”
117. Genesis 3:22-23And the LORD God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” So the LORD God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken.
118. Leviticus 24:17-18″ ‘If anyone takes the life of a human being, he must be put to death. Anyone who takes the life of someone’s animal must make restitution–life for life.
119. John 3:16″For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
120. Romans 6:23For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.