If there has ever been a stage in life that makes us all equal and a large majority of human beings in society has undergone, then it has to be and it indeed is education. It has been and will always be an important pillar in our society for development and progress. So, many might wonder, what makes education so important? Why is everybody trying to get a piece of it even in the later stages of life? Why do parents strive to give their children the best in terms of education? Why do parents and families sacrifice and go through hardships to provide their kids and siblings with a good education? It is quite simple and basic to answer. Education is the cornerstone for discernment and it helps to build and shape strong characters and futures. Here are some facts that will enable you to understand the importance of education – 10 quick facts!
Here are 10 Undeniable Facts on the Importance of Education
1) We are lucky and unlucky to live in this era of so much technological advancement and thus the societal demands are also high. The constant progress and development requires good qualifications in educational standards. One has to be knowledgeable to manoeuvre and that degree in most cases is what determines where you will fall in terms of jobs, a good salary and the type of people who we associate with.
2) Education helps us to differentiate various aspects in life by making us stand out in a crowd. Literacy speaks for itself and so does illiteracy. How one talks, percepts and interacts is greatly determined by their level of education.
3) It is impossible for anyone to hoax you with data or statistics if you are learned. The poor are often faced with a lot of difficulties due to their innocence for instance governments or politicians will hoax farmers and peasants into signing agreements and documents they don’t understand. A smart person can demarcate cunningness and refuse to do the wrong thing. Education makes you aware.
4) It helps to mold independent minds and people. You are able to use what you have and you can rely on your instincts or knowledge in making the right decisions. A thought process which is independent comes along when one is exposed to various forms of knowledge and life. This broadens your thinking perspective and in the process frees you from illiteracy. That is mental awareness and independence!
5) Education is knowledge which is in turn power and once you have that you can be enthusiastic about life and involve yourself in forums and healthy discussions. It helps to mold awareness in all areas of life, an open mind and it helps you stay updated. It is key in developing of individuals with high self-esteem who are sure of their stand in society and can stand for themselves.
6) With good education, you can get the job of your dreams and the life you always wanted with much ease. A good career is based on good achievements and credits in your educational background. Stability in life comes about through exceling in school.
7) In order to earn a living you must have a certain amount of qualification in education. Going for a job interview or filling a school application relies solely on the amount of education you have. Lack of it or not having the required standard cuts you out and denies you the chance of having the finer things in life.
8) Education exposes us to people and helps us create friends. In school settings we are exposed to people from cultures different from our own. We learn to live and interact with different types of people. It gives us the much needed exposure and practice that we will need later on in the real world.
9) Education can be compared to and likened wisdom which plays a major role in healthy reasoning. There are young and educated youth or younger people who are more mature and wise in their speech than those who are older than them. The difference is education.
10) Most importantly education defines our careers and career choices. Careers give us an identity; define our frames of work, areas of interest, future and caliber. Education creates the platform for a stable career by enabling you to be knowledgeable in the field you desire. When one is illiterate they have no choice or option as to what career field they may venture. They end up being subjects to those who are educated.