Couples that are so much into each other are always the envy of those experiencing bad relationships. Getting married is one thing while enjoying your marriage is another. There are lots of things everyone has to learn from every cute couple. For any relationship or marriage that seems to be on the brink of extinction, there is one sure way to bring it back to life and that will be to give it all the time and attention in the world and what better way is there to show love that by expressing it in words that best belly what you mean. Here are some quotes that can help you get into some of the secrets of successful relationships.
Quotes About Couples
1. “I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one’s wife happy. First, let her think she’s having her own way. And second, let her have it.” — Lyndon B. Johnson
2. “We had a happy marriage because we were together all the time. We were friends as well as husband and wife. We just had a good time.” — Julia Child
3. “The most successful marriages, gay or straight, even if they begin in romantic love, often become friendships. It’s the ones that become the friendships that last.” — Unknown
4. “To keep your marriage brimming, With love in the loving cup, Whenever you’re wrong, admit it; Whenever you’re right, shut up.” — Ogden Nash
5. “My parents only had one argument in 45 years. It lasted 43 years.” — Cathy Ladman
6. “After 7 years of marriage, I am sure of 2 things: First, never wallpaper together and second, you’ll need 2 bathrooms . . . both for her. The rest is a mystery, but a mystery I love to be involved in.” — Dennis Miller
7. “Marriage is the alliance of two people, one of whom never remembers birthdays and the other who never forgets them.” — Ogden Nash
8. “Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That’s relativity.” — Albert Einstein
9. “The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret.” — Henny Youngman
10. “I support gay marriage. I believe gay people have a right to be as miserable as the rest of us.” — Kinky Friedman
11. “An archaeologist is the best husband any woman can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her.” — Agatha Christie
12. “Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, half-shut afterwards.” — Benjamin Franklin
13. “When we got married I told my wife ‘If you leave me, I’m going with you.’ And she never did.” — James Fineous McBride
14. “The older theory was, marry an older man because they’re more mature. But the new theory is men don’t mature. Marry a younger one.” — Rita Rudner
15. “Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener.” — Unknown
16. “Love isn’t a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now..” — Fred Rogers
17. “A man is already halfway in love with any woman who listens to him.” — Brendan Francis
18. “My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my love to marry me.” — Winston Churchill
19. “You are the butter to my bread, and the breath to my life.” — Julia Child
20. “Before marriage, a man will lie awake all night thinking about something you said; after marriage, he’ll fall asleep before you finish saying it.” — Helen Roland
21. “The longest sentence you can form with two words is: I do.” — H. L. Mencken
22. “I’m a very committed wife. And I should be committed, too — for being married so many times.” — Elizabeth Taylor
23. “If I get married, I want to be very married.” — Audrey Hepburn
24. “After the chills and fever of love, how nice is the 98.6 degrees of marriage.” — Mignon McLaughlin
25. “What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are but how you deal with incompatibility.” — Leo Tolstoy
26. “Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.” — Oscar Wilde
27. “A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short.” — Andre Maurois
28. “Marriage: a book of which the first chapter is written in poetry and the remaining chapters written in prose.” — Beverly Nichols
29. “At every party there are two kinds of people … those who want to go home and those who don’t. The trouble is, they are usually married to each other.” — Ann Landers
30. “What I love most about my home is who I share it with.” — Tad Carpenter
Funny Couple Quotes
31. “I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.” — Groucho Marx
32. “Love is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions.” — Woody Allen
33. “If you can stay in love for more than two years, you’re on something.” — Fran Lebowitz
34. “Women cannot complain about men anymore until they start getting better taste in them.”— Bill Maher
35. “Eighty percent of married men cheat in America. The rest cheat in Europe.” — Jackie Mason
36. “Real love amounts to withholding the truth, even when you’re offered the perfect opportunity to hurt someone’s feelings.” — David Sedaris
37. “Marry a man your own age; as your beauty fades, so will his eyesight.” — Phyllis Diller
38.”I thought I was promiscuous, but it turns out I was just thorough.” — Russell Brand
39. “I love being married. It’s so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.” — Rita Rudner
40. “I love you no matter what you do, but do you have to do so much of it?” — Jean Illsley Clarke
41. “Love is telling someone their hair extensions are showing.” — Natasha Leggero
42. “I know a man who gave up smoking, drinking, sex, and rich food. He was healthy right up to the time he killed himself.” — Johnny Carson
43. “My brother is gay and my parents don’t care, as long as he marries a doctor.” — Elayne Boosler
44. “My wife gets all the money I make. I just get an apple and clean clothes every morning.” — Ray Romano
45. “I went to a meeting for premature ejaculators. I left early.” — Jack Benny
46. “My wife was afraid of the dark… then she saw me naked and now she’s afraid of the light.”— Rodney Dangerfield
47. “Love is grand; divorce is a hundred grand.” — Unknown
48. “Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.” — Billy Crystal
49. “Women love a self-confident bald man.” — Larry David
50. “Marriage has no guarantees. If that’s what you’re looking for, go live with a car battery.” — Erma Bombeck
Read: 200 Best Smile Quotes
51. “I’m now making a Jewish porno film. 10 percent sex, 90 percent guilt.” — Henny Youngman
52. “My friends tell me I have an intimacy problem. But they don’t really know me.” — Garry Shandling
53. “Honesty is the key to a relationship. If you can fake that, you’re in.” — Richard Jeni
54. “If love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?” — Lily Tomlin
55. “Being a good husband is like being a stand-up comic. You need 10 years before you can call yourself a beginner.” — Jerry Seinfeld
56. “My best birth control now is just to leave the lights on.” — Joan Rivers
57. “Obviously, if I was serious about having a relationship with someone long-term, the last people I would introduce him to would be my family.” — Chelsea Handler
58. “Marriage is really tough because you have to deal with feelings and lawyers.” — Richard Pryor
59. “There are only three things women need in life: food, water, and compliments.” — Chris Rock
Quotes For Him
60. When you wake me up with your sweet smile and a loving kiss, the day is made. The sweet moments we have lived my love will always remind us how much we both mean to each other.
61. Wherever I go, whomever I am with and whatever I do, I know you are always with me. And you should better know that I will always need you.
62. You are my song. You are my song of love.
63. The one thing that we can never give enough and never get enough of is love.
64. My heart skips a beat every time you say my name.
65. The indispensable need for true love was not known to me, till the moment that you walked into my life.
66. I don’t know if I ever told you this before, but you’re the only one I ever waited for this long. ~ Frank Ocean
67. Time has made a difference in my love for you. It was puppy love to begin with. It is my life today.
68. You may hold my hand for a while, but you hold my heart forever.
69. Your fingers on my back pep me more than 10 cups of coffee can.
70. With you my life has turned into a fairy tale, each moment more special, each day more adventurous and every second there is the wait to be with you. Even my nightmares have vanished. You make me feel so happy. have never yearned for anything as much as I have yearned for your love.
71. Rejection leads to inspiration, as now I have to work much harder towards achieving my goal, your eternal smile.
72. Don’t say you love me unless you really mean it, because I might do something crazy like believe it.
73. I love him but I cannot show it, want him but he cannot know it, need him but I know it’ll never be, if only he needed me.
74. Lets flip coin. Heads, I’m yours. Tails, you’re mine.
75. In you, I’ve found the love of my life and my closest truest friend.
76. Honestly, you’re all I think about.
77. I just want to have fun and be in love with you.
78. Ever since the day you came in my life, I know that you are the one I’ll truly love till the end.
79. You own my heart, my body, my soul!
80. You are always there when I get into trouble, lifting me up when I am down, cheering me with your jokes and sharing my sorrows. You are the air I need to breathe and I cannot live without you.
81. You are my life. You are the only thing it would hurt to lose.
82. If only I could kiss and tell you how much I love you, we would be kissing for a lifetime!
83. Imagining a life without you is something that is impossible, you make me complete and I want you know you mean everything to me.
84.Since the time I’ve met you, I cry a little less, laugh a little harder and smile all the more, just because I have you, my life is a better place
85. The small acts you perform for making me happy shows just how much you love me and it is the feeling of being loved so madly that will keep me spirited even in tough times. Our love will stand the test of time.
Happy Couple Quotes
86. “I meet so many people I know and they all say my name and smile at me with kindness. But none of that can compare to the feeling I get when you flash that sunny bright smile at me and cutely say my name.” — Adrian Morass
87. “A man is already halfway in love with any woman who listens to him.” — Brendan Francis
88. “Romeo wouldn’t change his mind. That’s why people still remembered his name, always twined with hers” ― Stephenie Meyer, “New Moon”
89. “He is the cheese to my macaroni.” ― Diablo Cody, “Juno: The Shooting Script”
90. “I feel very confident that we will make it through. Though we fight a lot I know that we will be together.” ― Vernon Straights
91. “Ideally, couples need three lives; one for him, one for her, and one for them together.” ― Jacqueline Bisset
92. “Take care of him. And make him feel important. And if you can do that, you’ll have a happy and wonderful marriage. Like two out of every ten couples.” ― Neil Simon
93. “Unmarried couples should get married — that’s an excellent tax avoidance measure, if a bit drastic.” ― John Whiting
94. Last night, I got up the courage to ask you if you regretted us.
95. “There are things I miss,” you said. “But if I didn’t have you, I’d miss more.” ― David Levithan, “The Lover’s Dictionary”
96. “because being with you makes perfect sense” ― Tim McGraw
97. “The thing about loving someone, is that yelling at them only feels good while you’re doing it — as soon as they’re gone, all you want to do is take it all back” ― Lauren Barnholdt, “Getting Close”
98. “To suffer together is to suffer with beauty…” ― Kelli Russell Agodon, “Hourglass Museum”
99. “Some couples go over their budgets very carefully every month. Others just go over them.” ― Katherine Mansfield
100. “It is almost impossible to love without trusting. I remember the first time you said you trust me and then I knew that love will eventually find its way in our hearts.” ― Sean Warfare
101. “I know my heart will never be the same. But I’m telling myself I’ll be okay.” ― Sara Evans.
111. “Relationships” don’t always make sense. Especially from the outside.” ― Sarah Dessen, “Along for the Ride”
112. “I’ve been asked to say a couple of words about my husband, Fang. How about short and cheap?” ― Phyllis Diller
113. “If we are a metaphor of the universe, the human couple is the metaphor par excellence, the point of intersection of all forces and the seed of all forms.The couple is time recaptured, the return to the time before time.” ― Octavio Paz
114. “Out of all the things that I do all day, telling you that I love you is the sweetest thing I do. It is my favorite part of the day because you deserve all the love I can give.” ― Nathan Tweed
115. “A heart that loves is always young.” ― Greek Proverb
116. “We do seem to bicker and bicker. Sometimes I feel we’re like an old married couple, who think occasionally of murdering each other — but never of divorce.” ― Denis MacShane
117. “I’m drinking doubles now that you’re running around single again.” ― Willie Nelson
118. “Each moment of a happy lover’s hour is worth an age of dull and common life.” — Aphra Behn
119. “A hug is like a boomerang: you get it back right away.” — Bil Keane
120. “American couples have gone to such lengths to avoid the interference of in-laws that they have to pay marriage counselors to interfere between them.” ― Florence King
121. “I’m oxygen and he’s dying to breathe.” ― Tahereh Mafi, “Shatter Me”
121. “Love is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty interesting questions.” ― Woody Allen
122. “This would be a much better world if more married couples were as deeply in love as they are in debt.” ― Earl Wilson
123. “Its funny how time flies by. We met, we dated, got engaged and now are getting married. It’s so fast.” ― Tam Ross
124. “They shared the chores of living as some couples do — she did most of the work and he appreciated it.” ― Paula Gosling
125. “Tell him I’m going to the back seat of my car with the woman I love, and I won’t be back for ten minutes!” ― Homer Simpson, “The Simpsons”
126. “Married couples resemble a pair of scissors, often moving in opposite directions, yet punishing anyone who gets in between them.” ― Sydney Smith
127. “See there’s this place in me where your fingerprints still rest, your kisses still linger, and your whispers softly echo. It’s the place where a part of you will forever be a part of me.” — Gretchen Kemp
128. “Maybe you don’t need the whole world to love you, you know, maybe you just need one person.” — Kermit the Frog
129. “The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing — and then marry him.” — Cher
130. “A married couple are well suited when both partners usually feel the need for a quarrel at the same time.” — Jean Rostand