Suspended player Kevin Boateng’s return to the Black Stars might become a reality after all, seeing as the team is Lagging behind
There have been news making rounds in the media, that suspended Kevin Boateng is likely to be recalled back to the Black Stars. Coach Avram Grant may recall the suspended Black Stars player, for next year’s 2018 World Cup qualifiers against Congo, according to Ghanaian radio station, Happy FM. These circulating reports suggest that Kevin Boateng’s return to the Black Stars might become a reality after all.
After picking up just one point from their opening two matches in Group E, the team are said to be in danger of missing out on the Russian World Cup. Coach Grant has come under mounting pressure to revive the side’s dwindling fortunes after slipping to 2-0 defeat against Egypt on Sunday.
The trouble coach according to reports, has told managers of the team, that he needs the Las Palmas ace in his squad ahead of the crucial tie against Congo next year. However, it has not been confirmed whether the team managers will head to the Israeli’s request.
Indeed, Ghana needs a breakthrough in their remaining four clashes, as the team has so much to make up for, in order to qualify for the world cup. The four-time African champions are third in group E, five points adrift of leaders Egypt and will now have to wait until next year before their ambition of qualifying to the World Cup will be settled.
Earlier this month, embattled Kevin Boateng publicly declared his interest in the black stars, ahead of the World Cup. Boateng was suspended indefinitely from the Black Stars, together with fellow midfielder Sulley Muntari, for what the GFA described as “disruptive behaviour” during Ghana’s 2014 Brazil World cup.
Unlike Sulley Muntari who recently rendered an apology for his actions, Boateng has insisted he committed no wrong to deserve the intense punishment meted out to him by the GFA. He also said he was suspended as a result of the influence of some persons, who had a personal bias against him. Notwithstanding his reservations, the suspended player while speaking to CCTV Africa, said it would an honour to play for the Black Stars in the World Cup.